Internet Radio

boonboon

• 2 weeks later...

In an ideal world, Poweramp could solve the need for ANOTHER app. There are other media players that manage to put in the internet radio player without having ads other than those that are broadcast on the stations. Please stop making excuses and encourage this extremely useful addition to the mighty Poweramp.

Thank you for your reply Andre.

Isn't this posted in the request for future features?

This is a future feature I would love to see included in a future release (and I'm sure there are many many others out there that aren't on this forum that feel the same). 

Please don't come and try to stop the request of an awesome new feature. You wouldn't have to use it if you didn't want to, but i would use it daily especially if it integrated nicely with the milkdrop visuals (i already have project m but it's not as good as the rendering in Poweramp).

If you have something to add to the request then please feel free to add a suggestion, but to belittle my request isn't going forward, is actually holding Poweramp back.

Do i really need another app for internet radio when the only app i want / should use is Poweramp? I think not. 

Let the good times roll!

In my mind, i would love Poweramp to be as good as winamp once was. Did anybody complain that winamp had access to internet radio? No.

Did the ability to stream internet radio cause winamp to have adverts? No.

Was i the only person to use winamp to listen to internet radio as well as all the music on their device? I seriously doubt it.

Did winamp suffer from having internet radio? No.

If Max is reading these request posts, i hope he hears my plea to make Poweramp a powerhouse that can handle every users needs.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp is not particularly well suited to radio listening, it is a file and Library based music player, not a streaming app like Spotify. I think max plans to do something to support streaming music at some stage, but not just yet.

Andre

Is it technically possible to have Spotify running through Poweramp? That would be great, their app is rather average.

Archived