randomize queue doesnt work now

karloto

13 hours ago, karloto said:

It seems that for v3 randomize queue doesn't work anymore.

Correct, the queue does not follow the status of Shuffle or Repeat. This was by user request as the queue should not be thought of as a normal everyday playback mode, it is a temporary opt-out to play a few tracks before returning to normal playback.

Instead of using Add to Queue, try using Add to Playlist instead, and then when you play the Playlist it can be shuffled, repeated, etc. And you can keep it for possible future use if you want to.

I'm not sure whether Max intends to restore a user-selectable option for the queue to be shuffled in a future release (it was a user setting in PA v2). 

Andre

8 hours ago, karloto said:

It seems that for v3 randomize queue doesn't work anymore. I used to make a queue from various folders and then switch on the random playlist and songs mode. What can I do?

This is a real issue for me as well.  I posted several times about it, and haven't gotten a satisfactory response.  Creating a temporary playlist is really not a solution.

• 1 month later...

Was wondering why the queue wouldn't repeat anymore :( one of my most used features and one I didn't realize I would miss quite this much. I now have a bunch of playlists called "temp queue" "temp queue 2" etc. (In addition to my 20 other playlists). Hope this feature gets added back! 

Hi Andre, thanks for the quick reply! I understand the logic behind the queue being a temporary playlist, though that's not how I'm using it currently. I mainly use it to make temporary driving playlists (usually every couple days) and it's one tap faster to "add to queue" than to add to a playlist. It also drives me a little crazy to keep making playlists for something I consider to be temporary. Still hoping the option to turn on repeat is added back in future versions

Settings > Library > Queue > On Queue End (set to "Stay in Queue / Repeat Queue").

To make it repeat, rather than just stop at the end of the queue, you will also need to have the main player 'Repeat' mode set to Repeat List.

Sorry, I'd actually forgot about that option, but it's exactly what you need.

Andre

Hi Andre, thanks for the detailed steps! I actually have those exact settings turned on but the queue just stops playing and says "list finished". I also can't manually swipe to go back to the first song in the queue, so I assumed the feature was removed and the settings were just left from v2. I tried restarting Poweramp but that didn't seem to make a difference. Thanks for your help! 

1 hour ago, Roset said:

Hi Andre, thanks for the detailed steps! I actually have those exact settings turned on but the queue just stops playing and says "list finished".

You have probably got the main Repeat mode turned off, or set to the usual Advance List mode.

In the player screen, tap on the second icon to the right under the cover artwork. This adjusts the Repeat mode, and you need to set it to Repeat List (aka "Jump to first song in a list").

Andre

3 hours ago, Roset said:

I actually have those exact settings turned on but the queue just stops playing and says "list finished".

For me it works, so it can't be a general bug.

Was a bit hard to leave the queue after the test, until I thought of re-setting the switch 😀.

112820182066.jpg

1128201820615.jpg

1128201820634.jpg

1128201820928.jpg

1128201820940.jpg

1128201820951.jpg

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You have probably got the main Repeat mode turned off, or set to the usual Advance List mode.

In the player screen, tap on the second icon to the right under the cover artwork. This adjusts the Repeat mode, and you need to set it to Repeat List (aka "Jump to first song in a list").

Andre

6 hours ago, blaubär said:

For me it works, so it can't be a general bug.

Was a bit hard to leave the queue after the test, until I thought of re-setting the switch 😀.

112820182066.jpg

1128201820615.jpg

1128201820634.jpg

1128201820928.jpg

1128201820940.jpg

1128201820951.jpg

Weird, I must be missing something...this is what I have right now: 

Screenshot_20181228-121321.thumb.jpg.e3e8a870e94f22de37b3059956bc41e0.jpg

Screenshot_20181228-121417.thumb.jpg.476ca5b2c0b38687e13fb94ed5a7e296.jpg

When I try to swipe next on the last queued song it says "leave queue" 

46 minutes ago, Roset said:

Weird, I must be missing something...this is what I have right now: 

Screenshot_20181228-121321.thumb.jpg.e3e8a870e94f22de37b3059956bc41e0.jpg

Screenshot_20181228-121417.thumb.jpg.476ca5b2c0b38687e13fb94ed5a7e296.jpg

When I try to swipe next on the last queued song it says "leave queue" 

Don't try to swipe past the last track,  that will manually move on to the next list (or exit the queue in this case) regardless of what Repeat mode you have set. Just allow it to finish the end of the final song naturally and it should then repeat back to song one.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Don't try to swipe past the last track,  that will manually move on to the next list (or exit the queue in this case) regardless of what Repeat mode you have set. Just allow it to finish the end of the final song naturally and it should then repeat back to song one.

Andre

Im starting to think it's just me :( I've tried that and get the "list finished" notification when I let the queue end (it just stays on the last song):

Screenshot_20181228-201104.thumb.jpg.d529082377c981bb1a5dc0eb669d816d.jpg

2 hours ago, Roset said:

Im starting to think it's just me :( I've tried that and get the "list finished" notification when I let the queue end (it just stays on the last song):

It's unlikely, but perhaps the settings work correctly only when they had been in place before the queue was filled ?

A last resort, equally unlikely to help, might be the clearing of the android cache ( the one to be done with a special boot, not the cache of the application ).

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully solved this, since I'm having the same trouble. I had contacted support, but so far haven't received a definitive answer. I have played around with a variety of settings regarding repeat and shuffle, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to repeat and shuffle the queue. This is functionality that was working perfectly prior to version 3, and is functionality that I use basically every time I use the app (to and from work every day). I would make a playlist on very rare occasions when I know it's something that I'd like to cycle through again, or if I'm just getting it prepared for an upcoming road trip or something, but other than that, I would always just queue a bunch of songs and let it shuffle/repeat that list until I got bored of it and decided to manually change it. Surely I can't be the only one that does things that way. Why would I (or anyone, for that matter) create a new playlist for such a temporary selection of music? Also, I tried going into one of my existing playlists and starting playback from in there, but all that did is queue the 1 song I clicked on, start playing the queue, and when that song is done, it returns to my previous category. In this case, it's mistakenly seeing my previous category as "metal" (i.e. all songs in the Metal genre) rather than "road trip mix" (i.e. all songs in the "road trip mix" playlist from where I started playback). When I long-click on a playlist, there's no option to play that playlist, but there IS an option to queue the entire playlist... in which case we're back to this issue again.

What I've had to do recently is when the queue is finished, open the app on my phone, go to the queue, and click on a song to start it playing the queue again. This is often difficult to do when I'm driving, unless I'm stopped at a red light.

I found this somewhere in this forum:

1230511594_DefinitionofCategory.JPG.e2890dd30fee2ae66f26d613b9478482.JPG

What that tells me is that if I'm looking at all the files in my queue, and I click on one of them to start it playing, the current category is actually the queue. So, my shuffle and repeat settings should apply to that, but they don't. Then I was pointed towards this setting:

SS2.JPG.df0d5f67d046b3c13c599c3cc52fd191.JPGSS3.JPG.e4ccb1bcf3d782a4177fea9a2ec5a393.JPG

As you can see, I have that setting turned on, but it doesn't do what it says it does. I've tried skipping through the entire queue to the end, and after the last song, it exits the queue. I've also tried just putting 2 songs in the queue and letting it play them until the end of the second song (as suggested by someone else in this thread), but that also exits the queue. So what's the purpose of this setting?.

This is how I currently have my repeat and shuffle settings set:

SS4.JPG.57319b34bd6329297b6aa1edf4279261.JPGSS5.JPG.d38597c0eb250e75bd47f1d76bb84aa0.JPG

I'm lost here. All I want to do is select some music, whether it's 1 song or 1000 songs, and have it shuffle through what I selected and repeat that for all eternity (or until I decide to change the selection). Again, this is something that worked perfectly prior to version 3. Can we have this functionality back?

36 minutes ago, jrtwynam said:

SS3.JPG.e4ccb1bcf3d782a4177fea9a2ec5a393.JPG

Scroll down a bit in that menu (Settings > Library > Queue). There is an option for the Queue to always ignore any Shuffle settings. This is the default, so PA normally plays queued songs in the same order that you added tracks, even if you have Shuffle enabled for your previous listening. Turn this setting off to allow the queue to be shuffled.

Andre

On 6/23/2019 at 4:41 PM, blaubär said:

Did you disable Settings > Library > Queue > Ignore Shuffle ?

5232019223822.jpg

I have Ignore Shuffle turned off, so it "usually" does shuffle through the queue. However, there has been times where it seems to forget this setting and just starts playing the queue in order. To fix that, I turn the shuffle off and then back on again. I suppose it's possible that the shuffled order, for maybe 3 or 4 songs in a row, just happened to be the same as the queued order. For a playlist of over 200 songs, though, that would be highly unlikely.

And still, this setting doesn't fix the fact that it doesn't repeat the queue when it's done. This is how that settings screen looks on mine:

Screenshot_20190626-151226_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.7670f12593ba1fe3befbf665753ddef6.jpg

On 6/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, blaubär said:

That's no on/off setting. What did you select ?

5232019224350.jpg

Technically, yes it is. On/off is simply a binary setting, where there's only two possibilities. Same as yes/no, one/zero, etc. So in this case, the options are "stay in queue/don't stay in queue". In other words, "stay in queue" can be turned on, or it can be turned off. :) Not that it really matters - I'm just explaining my thought process as I wrote my original reply. 

3 hours ago, jrtwynam said:

And still, this setting doesn't fix the fact that it doesn't repeat the queue when it's done. This is how that settings screen looks on mine

If you have the 'On Queue End' mode set to stay/repeat (which it is, as per your screenshot) then all you need to do to repeat the Queue is tap the Repeat icon in the Player screen until it shows 'Repeat List'.

Andre

Archived