Poweramp build 793 review and thoughs

TheBestPessimist

Hello,

I have written my thoughts on the beta build on my own blog, available at this link: https://chat.tbp.land/t/Poweramp-version-3-makeover-comments-on-usability/154 (warning: LONG post ahead!).

I hope it is thorough and explained enough.

Do you have any comments about the points i have touched?

I am not sure of the proper etiquette so i will ask this: should i also copy the contents of my review in this post, or is it enough that i have it on my own blog (it's only 1 click afterall)? I am asking this instead of straight copying as it seems that this forum doesn't support the CommonMark spec and i will have to edit the whole post here once and then again after each modification on my blog to keep them in sync. What is your opinion about this?

Thanks,

TheBestPessimist

Hi, I think your blog post is quite intensive and touches on almost all the bugs I found to be annoying about the beta.  Generally, I feel the alpha version is way better than this current one, and to that effect, is there any way I can revert back to alpha?  Beta is too buggy for my taste, I mean I can't even tell what's happening at some instances. Like when I enqueue a track, it immediately starts playing...I mean shouldn't it be that the current track finishes playing then the queued tracks follow? I want alpha back...this one is a no

6 hours ago, sam_ndung.u said:

Hi, I think your blog post is quite intensive and touches on almost all the bugs I found to be annoying about the beta.  Generally, I feel the alpha version is way better than this current one, and to that effect, is there any way I can revert back to alpha?  Beta is too buggy for my taste, I mean I can't even tell what's happening at some instances. Like when I enqueue a track, it immediately starts playing...I mean shouldn't it be that the current track finishes playing then the queued tracks follow? I want alpha back...this one is a no

There's an option to disable immediate play after enqueue.

7 hours ago, sam_ndung.u said:

I mean shouldn't it be that the current track finishes playing then the queued tracks follow?

settings > library > queue > start playing queue immediately.

really though: if you are to complain --> do your job and search thoroughly for an option which does what you want before actually complaining. This kind of complains also bother me as a fellow developer, as having to answer them occupies my time needlessly and makes me label you a whiny.

Kudos for this update after many years of patiently waiting.

I am having a bit of a problem with resume play for wired devices. On my note 8 plugging the wired headset/speakers doesn't work. Any thoughts or is this a bug? It used to work on the previous beta and stopped when I recently upgraded. Should I empty my cache?

I installed version Alpha 704 and verified the Purchase as well. I liked the interface so uses this one only. But automatically it is updated to 793 Full Version. I did not not like the Interface of 793 at all. I uninstalled it cpl of times but it gets automatically updated in cpl of days. How can we disable Auto Update? Any way to do so? Pls suggest. Thanks.

I received the automatic update, much to my surprise.......seems ok for the most part except my songs on each album now seem to play alphabetically, instead of numerically....is there a setting that I need to change?

Also, I seem to have lost the track names to some of my songs...instead of the title I get some some gibberish......also EVERY song title that is correct now begins the track number.....wtf?

I like the look of the new interface quite a lot. I guess it's a matter of getting used to change. And change will happen whether you, me or anyone else wants it.

But then, I also had no problems with the old one -- that was usable and did the job well.

From my POV at least, with just a few modifications (noted in my post) i think V3 will be better than V2!

Nothing confusing to me but old one looked cluttered. New one looks nicer, and I see nothing moving or irritating at all. Old one (v2) and earlier alpha, had huge album art gaps, that were unnecessary. Once you use a button with no name to the button, it should not be that hard to remember what it does. How hard is gestures? Not that hard for me.

I hope I'm posting in the right place, if not please forgive me. I did do a search and after a brief scroll this looks like the proper place. 

I have beta build 793, i received it several weeks ago view auto update. Upon first interaction I did not like it. It's totally different from the previous. And that's not to say it's bad, I just personally don't like it. Normally I would have reverted back to the previous build but I decided to try to acclamate myself with the new build. Still not totally won over but it's ok. And I totally understand where the devs may be trying to go with it, as Android it self is moving to more of a swipe only interface minus buttons.

Enough of the that the real reason I'm reaching out is I have a crackle\ pop now when my music is playing. At first I thought it was the speakers in my truck, but it's not, no matter what device I'm using for playback the crackle\pop is there. Volume doesn't matter either as I originally thought the devices were clipping due to extremely loud volume. Any fixes for this? If not I can just revert back to the 705 build. TIA! 

Archived