Repeat shuffle

So you have repeat options but it'd be nice if under repeat you could shuffle. This would allow you to set your shuffle to "songs" play a list of songs then have your repeat set to "shuffle" and after the album of songs is played it could shuffle to a different album. Allowing you to play a full album and have the next album be a random one instead of the regular "advance list". Just a thought would be a nice touch.

Set Shuffle mode to "Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists", that will do exactly what you ask. i.e. when playing using the Albums category mode, it will play the current album in random song order, then choose another album at random and play that whole album in random songs order, and so on.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Set Shuffle mode to "Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists", that will do exactly what you ask. i.e. when playing using the Albums category mode, it will play the current album in random song order, then choose another album at random and play that whole album in random songs order, and so on.

Andre

That's my point when driving you can't stop to choose a random album hence it would be helpful to auto choose a random one for you. Or are you saying "shuffle list" does just this?

Yes, Shuffle Lists does that (it shuffles the current category type, which could be album, folder, artist, or whatever mode you originally started playback in).

If you get bored of the current album before all the randomised songs have played, just press the >>> button to start a new random album.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, Shuffle Lists does that (it shuffles the current category type, which could be album, folder, artist, or whatever mode you originally started playback in).

If you get bored of the current album before all the randomised songs have played, just press the >>> button to start a new random album.

Andre

Tried this it only goes to the next album.

16 minutes ago, TaeSteez33 said:

Tried this it only goes to the next album.

Have got got " Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists" mode selected as I suggested? if so, moving on to the next album (either at the end of the current album, or by manually pressing the button) will select a new album at random.

Andre

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Have got got " Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists" mode selected as I suggested? if so, moving on to the next album (either at the end of the current album, or by manually pressing the button) will select a new album at random.

Andre

Tried all settings doesn't work for me. But my point was if you were driving it'd be nice to play a whole album and then have the option to have a random album play next. Mine just plays the next album in alphabetical order

7 hours ago, TaeSteez33 said:

But my point was if you were driving it'd be nice to play a whole album and then have the option to have a random album play next. 

That is what "Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists" does. I've no idea why it is not working for you. Could you post a screenshot of what the player screen looks like for you while playing music in Albums mode with Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists enabled?

Andre

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

That is what "Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists" does. I've no idea why it is not working for you. Could you post a screenshot of what the player screen looks like for you while playing music in Albums mode with Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists enabled?

Andre

Ahhhh ok! That was the problem I was under artist instead of albums. Thank you so much man this is a big help. Keeps me off the phone while driving this way

9 minutes ago, TaeSteez33 said:

I was under artist instead of albums. 

That would mean the next 'list' would be the next Artist, so PA would need to have finished all of the current artist before moving on to the next (random) one. PA is actually pretty versatile in this area, but it can be a bit of a learning curve working out how all the category types, sorting orders, and repeat/shuffle methods interact with each other.

Andre

Just now, andrewilley said:

That would mean the next 'list' would be the next Artist, so PA would need to have finished all of the current artist before moving on to the next (random) one. PA is actually pretty versatile in this area, but it can be a bit of a learning curve working out how all the category types, sorting orders, and repeat/shuffle methods interact with each other. Glad you've got it sorted now anyway.

If I'm listening to random albums, I tend to use Shuffle Lists, Songs in Order - this chooses an album at random, but plays all of the songs within each of those albums in their normal order.

Andre

Archived