Song Que Frustrations

Mungril

Hi all,

Even though I love Poweramp over other music apps, I have one frustration about it that some other users may share and I am seeking a solution for (if there is one).  When I finished playing the songs on my que, and I try to add other songs to the que, but my previous songs on the que are removed from the que, even though I don't want them to be removed from the que. I have sought after a way to avoid this removal of songs from the que, but was unsuccessful. 

Also, worth mentioning that all the songs are removed from the que only when all the songs in the que have been played. If there is one song that hasn't been played in the que, and I add another song to the que, the previously played songs do not get removed from the que.

So is there a way I can add songs to a que without my previously played songs getting removed from the que?

Thanks guys.

Hello,

do you mean you want some unlimited history like queue at all times? As if queue is not auto-cleared (all files should be played once), then it can be only manually cleared, basically becoming a persistent history.

Poweramp queue is somewhat secondary vs. direct category playing, which is a primary way of playing tracks there.

1 minute ago, maxmp said:

Hello,

do you mean you want some unlimited history like queue at all times? As if queue is not auto-cleared (all files should be played once), then it can be only manually cleared, basically becoming a persistent history.

Poweramp queue is somewhat secondary vs. direct category playing, which is a primary way of playing tracks there.

Yes, I am looking to have a queue where the songs remain even after the first time playing them and I can keep adding songs to it

How would I accomplish this?

Thanks for your post by the way.

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

Sounds like you need to create a playlist rather than a queue

No, I want to use a queue because its easier to add remove songs from the list and allows me to play songs at different orders easily.

I just want to know if there is a solution to the songs getting removed from the queue.

Thanks for your post.

The queue is only intended to be a temporary (non-permanent) option, which simply allows you to pause your normal playback category and listen to a few specific songs from elsewhere, after which PA will revert to normal playback where it left off.  It is not intended to be your regular playing mode, but rather an interruption to normal playback. While still in the queue you can skip back and forward through it, but once it's completed there is no longer any need to retain it.

As Theo said above, if you want something more permanent, use a Playlist. They are just as easy for adding or deleting single or multiple songs, or moving a song up or down in the list, etc.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The queue is only intended to be a temporary (non-permanent) option, which simply allows you to pause your normal playback category and listen to a few specific songs from elsewhere, after which PA will revert to normal playback where it left off.  It is not intended to be your regular playing mode, but rather an interruption to normal playback. While still in the queue you can skip back and forward through it, but once it's completed there is no longer any need to retain it.

As Theo said above, if you want something more permanent, use a Playlist. They are just as easy for adding or deleting single or multiple songs, or moving a song up or down in the list, etc.

Andre

Okay, thanks for the clear response Andrew. I guess I'll start using playlists now.

9 hours ago, Mungril said:

Okay, thanks for the clear response Andrew. I guess I'll start using playlists now.

They really are just as easy to set up and maintain, but will stay until you delete them.The only real difference is that a playlist can't be set to start playing automatically when you add tracks to it, you need to select it to play (you can still edit and change it while playing though, just like the queue).

Andre

Archived