Bit Perfect Mode

Thanks for the request, but ATM all android phones have software volume, basically meaning any volume setting except maximum is changing those "bits".  It's a baseline, there can be also other non-configurable processing happening in OEM android additions, drivers, SOCs.

Also, output is delta sigma 16-24-32 bits to 1 bit resampled anyway.

I guess you can see pattern here:) - no bit accuracy possible on this hardware/software.

Nevertheless, you can switch off all Poweramp DSP processing + DVC and Android will get just the decoded samples as is.

23 hours ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the request, but ATM all android phones have software volume, basically meaning any volume setting except maximum is changing those "bits".  It's a baseline, there can be also other non-configurable processing happening in OEM android additions, drivers, SOCs.

Also, output is delta sigma 16-24-32 bits to 1 bit resampled anyway.

I guess you can see pattern here:) - no bit accuracy possible on this hardware/software.

Nevertheless, you can switch off all Poweramp DSP processing + DVC and Android will get just the decoded samples as is.

Thanks for the reply, I understand, well may b in future. :)

• 3 months later...

Max,

I've been using USB Audio Player Pro, and it will bypass the Android audio processing, so I'm sure it can be done. I much prefer Poweramp, the user interface is so much more polished and would love to see Poweramp support bypassing the audio processing entirely to output straight to the DAC, without volume or upsampling.

Thanks!

On 10/2/2018 at 3:22 AM, Driven said:

Max,

I've been using USB Audio Player Pro, and it will bypass the Android audio processing, so I'm sure it can be done. I much prefer Poweramp, the user interface is so much more polished and would love to see Poweramp support bypassing the audio processing entirely to output straight to the DAC, without volume or upsampling.

Thanks!

Agree. It will make usb dac like Chord Mojo, Fiio Q5 function optimally. Hopefully developer make this feature available for Poweramp.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 3:22 AM, Driven said:

Max,

Thanks!

Hopefully Poweramp can bypass all limited audio output (standard android usb driver) by adding bit perfect mode (custom usb driver).

• 2 months later...

Archived