Chromecast Output Sample & Bitrate Defined By File

josh.mcn7

I am the owner of a Chromecast Audio device and use it via its digital output to my DAC to play lossless via Poweramp Android.

However, I would much prefer if the output from the Chromecast was of native bitrate and sample rate of the file playing - without resampling everything to one specific bitrate and sample rate defined by the user.

Is it possible to include the option of 'sample rate is defined by the source file' to the Chromecast 'sample rate' and 'sample format' menus within Poweramp, so that the output adjusts according to each file being played?

Due to the Chromecast's limitation of 24 bit/96kHz output; another option that may be necessary to accompany the above request is a setting to resample all 192kHz+ files down to 96kHz purely for Chromecast use.

These additions would at least keep the output bit-perfect for everything 24/96 and below, other than 192kHz+ files that must be resampled to 96kHz due to limitation of the Chromecast.

Bit-perfect playback is a much required necessity for those replacing traditional computer based systems for Hi-Res playback - allowing Poweramp to replace a computer for playback would be much appreciated.

Archived