Jump to content

Suddenly sound changes to low pitch


Mayank Choudhary

Recommended Posts

Hello Developers, 

I am using Poweramp alpha 703,  it is superb... ???

But sometimes Poweramp suffers from sound output problem..  i.e suddenly sound changes to low pitch... Sound becomes very weird or Robot like and tempo becomes slow . It seems like ghost is singing.  And then changing the song or restarting the player is a solution. 

It happens once in two days.. 

My device is HTC running Android 6.0 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

Hello Developers, 

I am using Poweramp alpha 703,  it is superb... ???

But sometimes Poweramp suffers from sound output problem..  i.e suddenly sound changes to low pitch... Sound becomes very weird or Robot like and tempo becomes slow . It seems like ghost is singing.  And then changing the song or restarting the player is a solution. 

It happens once in two days.. 

My device is HTC running Android 6.0 

Have you tried disabling all the stuff like temp, eq, etc? Not sure if that might help. Unfortunately, I can't say I've had this issue with volume, speed, other playback errors and what not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

Hello Developers, 

I am using Poweramp alpha 703,  it is superb... ???

But sometimes Poweramp suffers from sound output problem..  i.e suddenly sound changes to low pitch... Sound becomes very weird or Robot like and tempo becomes slow . It seems like ghost is singing.  And then changing the song or restarting the player is a solution. 

It happens once in two days.. 

My device is HTC running Android 6.0 

Go to settings/Misc/Tweaks and try keep wakelock option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 05/01/2018 at 11:13 PM, dwang040 said:

Have you tried disabling all the stuff like temp, eq, etc? Not sure if that might help. Unfortunately, I can't say I've had this issue with volume, speed, other playback errors and what not. 

 

On 05/01/2018 at 11:49 PM, NHS2008 said:

Go to settings/Misc/Tweaks and try keep wakelock option.

Hello Developers, 

After Intensive testing I came to a conclusion that this sound output problem always  occurs only while playing all Video Songs which is in MP4 format . (And I'm not sure about all other video formats.) And immediately I have to change that song,  this only makes situation under control.  This makes me very disappointed. 

Nothing can fix it i.e. changing every settings are worthless nothing works. 

Please fix this issue  in next release. 

Thanks 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poweramp Music Player is not a video player (there's a clue in the title :) ) although the libraries used means that there is a limited ability for playing the audio portion of some video files. However that is not the app's primary function and is not directly supported. If you have problems with this type of file, I would suggest not storing video files in the same directories that Powermap scans for its music (which can be configure via Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders).

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp Music Player is not a video player (there's a clue in the title :) ) although the libraries used means that there is a limited ability for playing the audio portion of some video files.

Thanks for your suggestion I have removed that folder from the list.  But video files are also mixed in download folders with mp3 file due to this users have to always suffer.. 

If All types of  files are not fully supported then Poweramp must have a "Scan setting" . Where user can check ☑ file types that he wants to scan. 

I Remember this feature was very useful in TTPod music player of Symbian platform. 

Please provide this feature in next release because it's all about quality. 

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The setting is already there, but based on folder locations, not file types. Some MP4 files will play, but it's not guaranteed. It's then up to you to maintain your own file system contents - if you keep mixed content in one folder though, I'd suggest creating separate subfolders for audio and video, or just move the downloaded content to regular storage locations once it has downloaded.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The setting is already there, but based on folder locations, not file types. Some MP4 files will play, but it's not guaranteed. It's then up to you to maintain your own file system contents - if you keep mixed content in one folder though, I'd suggest creating separate subfolders for audio and video, or just move the downloaded content to regular storage locations once it has downloaded.

Andre

Thank you sir for suggestions. I am agrees with you.  I will do it. 

But sir I'm not happy after removing MP4 file from the library.  Before I was very happy that my favourite player also plays  MP4 Songs for me. 

If this feature is partially supported then it is not impossible for our Poweramp "Super Developers" to make it fully supported.  If this feature can be supported in future then I will very thankful to  you. 

And still I am very proud of Poweramp Developers. I am enjoying Poweramp so much..?

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...