Albums with same title confusion

fstockl

Hi, first of all, sorry for my english, i'm a brazilian fan of Poweramp. I don't know if anyone already posted about this, but recently I discovered that albums with the same title of different artists are shown as being a single album. So, I suggest that they be separated according to the id3 tags "album artist" and "year" as well as the title so that there's no such confusion. Thanks, and Happy 2017!

Use of the Album Artist tag is already partly implemented in the test releases of v3 of Poweramp if you want to give that a try.

Otherwise, make sure your album titles are unique (e.g. rather than several albums all tagged as "Greatest Hits", title them as "ABBA's Greatest Hits", "David Bowie's Greatest Hits", etc)

[Duplicate thread removed]

Andre

Sorry, and pardon my abruptness, however, this idea (the second part) is simply ridiculous, myopic and impractical. Not even in the days brick & mortar libraries and a card system that this is done.

Think about it…
Choice A: 1 person improve a few lines of code for unique album-id to include if available (year; album-artist; publisher) versus.
Choice B: tens/hundreds/thousands of people incorrectly editing tens/hundreds of tracks.
Please, please, don't re-invent the wheel.

Though most want these functions yesterday, the audio fanatics who choose to use Poweramp will wait for it to be done correctly. :-)

19 hours ago, jackpots said:

Choice A: 1 person improve a few lines of code for unique album-id to include if available (year; album-artist; publisher) versus.
Choice B: tens/hundreds/thousands of people incorrectly editing tens/hundreds of tracks.

A much better solution (IMHO) would be to make the whole library system much more user-configurable, so that each of the category choices could be completely edited to adjust the first, second, third level sorting and add sub-groupings and change view types (and sizes) to the user's preferences. The defaults could remain basically as they are now, but just be a lot more flexible for power users to add their own customised variations which would appear in a scrollable tab bar in the Library screen.

I suggested this a few years ago (see http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/6883-some-thoughts-on-library-list-sorting-and-tags/ ) but Max is working on his own updates to the user interface at the moment and even I don't know how many of the forum suggestions will have been included in the new design. We shall see next year anyway.

Andre 

Archived