How do I safely change my SD Card?

twinmatrix

I have all my music on my SD card and the last time that I took my SD card out and put it back in I lost my entire Poweramp library (ratings, playlists, etc.).

How can I make sure to save all this data? I've purchased a new SD card so I'm afraid that it will get a different folder address by my phone. And even if the folder name is the same, like last time, how do I keep my ratings and playlists and everything in order anyway?

If you just want to install a new SD Card, turn your phone off and remove the card. Copy everything onto the new card via a PC (I'd suggest reformatting the card first) and put it back into the phone, then turn the phone back on. DO NOT turn the phone on without any card in though, as Poweramp will notice that the files are not there and remove the songs from the Library.

Andre

On 8/17/2016 at 1:42 PM, andrewilley said:

If you just want to install a new SD Card, turn your phone off and remove the card. Copy everything onto the new card via a PC (I'd suggest reformatting the card first) and put it back into the phone, then turn the phone back on. DO NOT turn the phone on without any card in though, as Poweramp will notice that the files are not there and remove the songs from the Library.

Andre

Hmm, the new MicroSD has a different name, so it couldn't find the songs. How can I change it to the same name?

Archived