build-702-play - Change notification to toast

AsadP

I love using Poweramp on a daily basis on my OnePlus One.

I also use it to control my music in my car but there's on issue in v3

There used to be a toast notification when telling the user when things were added to a playlist or queue. The box now pops up from the bottom of the screen and takes a few seconds to go. I want to be able to press "Poweramp" to navigate back to the player but have to use my capacitive back button.

Can this be changed?

_20160406_015332.JPG

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Right, the (pushed/recommended by Google) SnackBar is not so good actually with bottom navigation. I'll move back to toasts for such messages (some will be left as SnackBars - e.g. errors).

Thanks Max for acknowledging my reply really quickly!

Sometimes I wish Google would just stop messing with things unnecessarily just for the sake of the creating a new fad.

No, I take that back, ALL of the time I wish Google would stop messing with things unnecessarily. Change does not necessaily mean progress. And I include a lot of Material Design in that statement.

Andre

Aaaaaaaamen, Andre. My exact views, point for point. Maybe I'm not so picky with Material Design, but I spent like 80% on my smartphone swearing and cursing at Google and their "inventions". Sometimes it's like if they loved giving hell to their users. Of course, they LOVE giving hell Android developers (ask Max...), so doing the same to the end users was only a natural next step, I suppose...

On 7/4/2016 at 3:06 PM, andrewilley said:

Sometimes I wish Google would just stop messing with things unnecessarily just for the sake of the creating a new fad.

No, I take that back, ALL of the time I wish Google would stop messing with things unnecessarily. Change does not necessaily mean progress. And I include a lot of Material Design in that statement.

Andre

To be fair it's like they're telling you to put navigation buttons at the bottom.

It's not a problem in pretty much all material-designed apps.

Archived