Unable to download album art

So I recently picked up a Galaxy S7 Edge, and there are quite a few albums that don't have album artwork. I tried clearing the cache, but it still doesn't work. If I try to manually download artwork, it shows "failed to load Poweramp" as the only option. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I would not rely on updating my mp3 tags using Poweramp. Given that your albumart is incomplete it is likely that other mp3 tags are also incomplete. Better to use a pc and products such as tagscanner and update your tags properly. Then copy tracks back to your device. Make sure you add the albumart to each track rather than relying on a jpg in some folder. On android i use audiotagger.

I am having this same problem on my new Galaxy S7. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app onto my old galaxy s5 and the album artwork showed up right away, but on the s7 I am getting no album artwork (even though I have "Download Album Art" selected in the settings). I am not even seeing the album artwork that already exists on some of the songs. I also get the "failed to load Poweramp" option when i hold down on the missing album art area. 

I'm thinking this is a bug on the new galaxy s7 series, but I'm not sure. Can anybody verify this?

Archived