All of my playlist have 0 songs!!!

ajw514

Please help!!! I just went to my playlist and all of them have 0 songs. It took me a long time to set these up. I have looked on Google for any answers and have not found any. I tried rescanning but that didn't not help. All of my music is still under songs, albums and artist. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

What most likely has happened is that your sdcard (assuming your music resdides here) was removed. When this happens, android rescan will find no music and so your playlist ends up empty. The best way to secure your playlists is to export them to m3u format.

Poweramp has this export functionality or you can use a third party tool such ss New Playlist Manager. I am afraid your current playlists are not recoverable.

Although my hypothesis did not hold up, ie you did not have an external sdcard, the principle probably still applies. You start out with your music collection, all is well, you build your playlist. The tracks on these playlists hold references to an id (unique key) which identifies the track in the database. Now, if for some reason, the media database is rebuilt (if you clear data for instance, android will automatically rebuild a new database), all your tracks will be rescanned and entered into this database but this time with new and different keys. I have found that android does not clear the playlist entries but the track ids are no longer valid so it clears some tables in the database, leaving you with an empty playlist.

Archived