How to play a single song?

Bluescreen2001

Hi,

I am a bit irritated how Poweramp adds selected songs to the currently played item. I navigate through the library, select an artist, then an album of that artist and then a song. Then Poweramp starts playing the whole album. But thats not what I want, I want to only play that selected song. If I want to play an album I would longpress an album and select play.

Can I somehow select a single song for playing?

Can I somehow clear or edit the currently playing list? It seems not to be the queue.

Can I somehow show all songs of an artist without the need for selecting the album before?

I find it unclear what is the order which Poweramp plays. There seems to be three 'layers': the queue list, the current play list and may songs that are directly selected during playing f something else. Is there anywhere a description how Poweramp works?

Thank you

Thorsten

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you search for a song and play it from the search box you can have it play on that song. If you'd rather just have a one song playlist every time you can just long press and add song to the queue list and that way only the songs you want to hear will play.

If you're simply selecting music from a list of song under and album the whole album will play following the song you selected, just as most other music player do.

Hope that answers your question with a solution. 

Yes, the problem I have, is that I have hundreds of mp3's that are each a couple seconds long. They're various tones/frequencies that I play for students. Was hoping to use my cell to get away from the laptop since I play them thru a powered speaker. Having then in a number of differing folders, I have to jump around playing one here, another there.

This has become more difficult than I thought it would be, and will probably have to stick to the laptop.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

All it would need is for some sort of single-play option to be added into the various Repeat functions (i.e. pause at end of current track, and only play the next track when the Play button is pressed again, or a new song is selected).

Andre

Yes, please!  I'm still waiting for this simple feature.  Please implement it asap.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived