Poweramp Album Art Quality

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here. (Yes, I have shamelessy created an account specifically to create this thread.)

Well, first off, I do not know if this thread is in the right section, but if it isn't, can someone direct me to the correct forum section?

Second, I do not know if this has already been asked before, hence I apologise in advance if I am rehashing the same question again. (I have tried to google for this issue, but it seems as though no one has actually made this request... so yeah.)

Alright, now that's aside, my request is...

...is it possible to implement a custom internal album art scaling feature? To my knowledge, Poweramp apparently internally scales album art pictures to a resolution of 512 x 512.

Phones these days are sporting average resolutions of 1280 x 720, and I feel as though the old preset scaling is no longer sufficient enough to properly display album art images sharply on modern devices.

Ah yes, for the record, my album art images, to begin with are on average, 1280 x 1280. I use a Galaxy Note GT-7000.

The post in which I obtained my information from: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/1978-album-art/

The quote:

Just a stab in the dark, but have you tried adjusting the Zoom value for album art? Even when set to a scale value of '1', the new PA seems to scale images down a little by default anyway, rather than fully filling the space like it used to before.

I use a value of x1.05 at present, but have no idea whether the scaling is jagged or not on such a tiny screen. Not worth worrying about dropping back to a previous version for though, surely?

Andre

I hope that this feature isn't too hard to implement (or is it even possible?)

Can it even be considered, actually?

In anycase, sorry for this excessively long post, and thank you for reading.

An option to customize the default scaling would definitely be welcome. I have most of my album art at 800x800. but unfortunately can't zoom it to fill the 1280x720 screen without heavy pixelation.

As a addendum, being able to set a custom size for the album art in Grid views would be very much appreciated as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived