Ratings Sync to non-iTunes Desktop Apps

Hey all!

I've been searching for a music player for my phone (HTC Evo Design 4g) and I only really cared about two features:

1) Star ratings sync back to PC

2) Shuffle by Album, like on the iPod Classic.

I found Poweramp and thought I found the app for me! I immediately bought the full version. To my dismay, I found that the ratings don't sync!!! Grrr!!

I want to be able to rate songs on my phone and have them sync back to a player other than iTunes. I prefer MusicBee, but I could consider another if it is supported.

I really hope to see this functionality soon!

ST

• 2 months later...

that´s what you say for months now... stop frustrating people by announcing stuff while just taking the money without having ANY improvement with that toppic at all. pleeeeease. cause you announced it for 2.0, which is current. I have to do FW updates almost on weekly basis... so... thanks so far!!

that´s what you say for months now... stop frustrating people by announcing stuff while just taking the money without having ANY improvement with that toppic at all. pleeeeease. cause you announced it for 2.0, which is current. I have to do FW updates almost on weekly basis... so... thanks so far!!

I personally did not announce this new feature pre-2.0, so if you can show me where I that that'd be great. The issue with this feature is that it would need us to build a whole new system for music syncing, which means a PC counterpart or working with another application like iTunes. So we have to figure out an effective way of doing it that will make everyone happy and implementing it in a seamless way! Sorry for the delay.

we have to figure out an effective way of doing it

In audio tags (for example ID3 for mp3 files) there are such a position, so why not to use it? It should be the easiest way. Am I wrong? Moreover, I suppose that all desktop apps can read ratings from audio tags (Winamp, WMP, JetAudio,...).

• 5 months later...

@mcx3000: I too would love to be able to sync or export ratings but spare a thought for the devs, nothing is ever simple. For example, "MediaMonkey includes an MP3 Tag editor (an ID3 tag editor supporting ID3v1 &ID3v2), AAC tag editor (for M4A/M4P files), an OGG tag editor (for OGG and FLAC files), a WMA tag editor, an APE2 tag editor (for APE files), a RIFF tag editor (for AVI/WAV files), and an MP4 tag editor." Even if you only care about ID3v2, that only supports ratings through "a loose de facto standard" (http://en.wikipedia....ating_tag_issue). So yes we want ratings in tags but these things need careful research, design, testing and support. -- Denis (newbie Poweramp user, oldie developer).

This improvement would be very interesting for non iPOD/iTunes users. You could create a total independent player for Windows and orothers OS computers. Obviusly you could offer like a extra player that require buy it. Although all work in studying and new programing platform(s). The hard work will get return by users like me that not aprove Apple products. I'll still waiting for this kind of solution. I understanding this new feature takes time. And I will waiting for excelent team working from you, guys.

• 10 months later...

Archived