Custom EQ Settings?

Need a little guidance please. I am using Poweramp thru Bluetooth into my classic '71 Mustang Mach 1. I had the original AM/FM 8-Track player rebuilt and equipped with BlueTooth. I have a 550 Watt Amplifier pushing 6 speakers plus and 8 inch subw.

Poweramp has a gazillion EQ presets and even of those, a ton are ear bud related. I am just looking to crank classic rock Blue Oysetr Cult, Boston, Foreigner, Bad Company etc. with clear mids, highs and some decent bass. I have no clue which set of EQ presets to experiment with and going A-Z is just nuts. Can anyone suggest which series of presets I should look for?

THANK YOU

Who can advise about Poweramp Presets? Poweramp is great for headphone indeed. But, I am using it via Bluetooth running thru my  Classic '71 Mustang's stereo / 500w Amplifier / 6 speakers / Subwoofer. My goal is to enhance the classic rock I prefer. There are over 200 Presets most of which are meant for headphones ear buds, etc. which setting are meant for a real audio sound system? or is it just a matter of going thru them all?

Ford AM FM 8-Track Tape, from 1976 Merc Cougar.jpg

457267055_10168942637885702_943276913131508355_n.jpg

Edited by MaddMike

On 10/10/2024 at 12:17 PM, MaddMike said:

I had the original AM/FM 8-Track player rebuilt and equipped with BlueTooth. I have a 550 Watt Amplifier pushing 6 speakers plus and 8 inch subw.

So your system should theoretically already sound pretty good with Poweramp at flat (no EQ). I would suggest working just with the main bass and table controls to start. Dial them in a bit at a time to get what you want for your ear. If that doesn't get you 100% to what you want you can tweak it more with a bit of EQ.

There won't be a specific EQ option tailor made for your system. Most of these presets are "tuned" for each model of earphone. Some swear by them but my personal opinion is they are subjective at best and are really quite useless. 

Threads merged.

As @MotleyG says, AutoEQ presets are there to provide compensation for specific measured frequency imbalances to provide a flatter response. Unless someone else has your setup (amp, speakers, and car) there won't be a preset made for it.

Start flat, and listen to your music and see where you feel specific ranges are missing (or overpowered) and adjust accordingly. Or if you like extra bass, start there and tweak.

Andre