Auto Colour Change of Text or Background depending on Track Art

Kapto X

The one thing that I've always wanted in Poweramp is the feature where the colour of either background or text in the Player (I want that choice) to change according to the most prominent colour of the artwork of the current playing track. It's the one thing that's holding this player back from being completely superior to Blackplayer EX. I really think this feature would benefit from this feature, atleast customization-wise!

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The background can already be altered to complement the cover artwork (Settings=>Background) but I agree that dynamic text colours would be nice too.

Andre

But it doesn't really work as expected. It's basically just using the album art as the background. I get that we can disable that gradient and make it into solid colour, but the colour it seems to choose is very common among many different art. Even if the art is nothing alike.

screenshot.png

screenshot (1).png

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

The background colour should change to match the artwork, even if you ask it to make a solid colour.

Andre

But as I mentioned in the my response, it's not up to the mark cos a lot of artworks have the same colour assigned to it, even if the colours should be different. Like how does the john wick 4 album art give yellow when it's clearly supposed to be orange?

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you set it to solid colour, whites will be mostly ignored and a single key bright colour should be chosen. Personally I would suggest not using solid (use a value of 1 instead), and set a high blur, to give more of an impression of the artwork.

Andre

Tried that, but that's still not it. Here's a side by side comparison with how Poweramp does it and how blackplayer ex does it. The colour that's picked is just way better and makes the whole thing look so pleasing. The best part is the ui picks another colour that compliments the main colour!Screenshot_20240916-143634.thumb.png.0d9fa1e90c7c6cf107220f483c0988fa.png

Screenshot_20240916-143643.png