MusicFX Audio Distortion Issue

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MusicFX simply means allowing audio processing outside of Poweramp, which would be up to whatever external app or process you are using.

BitPerfect would prevent any sort of processing at all (MusicFX, EQ, crossfade, volume control, etc). Do you mean output following source frequency, which you can vote for here:

Andre

3 hours ago, Somnath Khole said:

Then Guide me For Superior Quality Audio Settings 

This means turning all of those DSP options off. Every one of them adds a layer of processing that impacts the original file. That's the point of true bit perfect that is currently not an option.

This depends on your connected devices and speakers/headphones having the ability to play music as it should be played. But not all hardware is up to the task. YMMV

6 hours ago, Somnath Khole said:

using phones internal Hi-Res DAC Over 3.5mm and JBL TUNE 510BT Bluetooth Headset

Well the BT function alone defeats any need for bit perfect. These are using compression already. And the don't use the 3.5mm output so no Hi-Res from the phone's DAC is in use either.

6 hours ago, Somnath Khole said:

Best Settings For Me?

That's a personal choice. I wouldn't bother making any changes to the Poweramp output options for your hardware. Default will be fine. Just use the EQ and fine tune as you see fit for your preference.

10 hours ago, Somnath Khole said:

Best Settings For Me?

If there was any such thing, the app would have a "Best Settings For Me" button.

There is an EQ profile for the JBL Tune 510BT in the AutoEQ list in the Equalizer screen, so that would be a good place to start to get the most natural and flat sound from your equipment, and then adjust to your own tastes from there.

image.png

Andre

1 hour ago, Somnath Khole said:

I want to Reduce DSP Processing To Avoid Quality Loss

We are going in circles here. The only way to minimize quality loss is to turn off the DSP functions and EQ. Poweramp uses 64-bit processing to minimize issues once you do enable them. However the more features you turn on, the more potential for quality loss. There is no magic solution to have it both ways. 

@andrewilley Am Facing DVC Low Volume issue with Both Wired and Wireless headphones in MIUI V12.5.3.0 .

2.MIUI 13.0.1.0 Has DVC Volume Glitches, Cause Sound Comes From Both Wireless Headphone and Phone's Earpiece Speaker, If Enabling No DVC Then Volume Control isn't working, Volume Level Always At Peak. There is Something Issue With MIUI ROM.

47 minutes ago, Somnath Khole said:

@andrewilley Am Facing DVC Low Volume issue with Both Wired and Wireless headphones in MIUI V12.5.3.0 .

2.MIUI 13.0.1.0 Has DVC Volume Glitches, Cause Sound Comes From Both Wireless Headphone and Phone's Earpiece Speaker, If Enabling No DVC Then Volume Control isn't working, Volume Level Always At Peak. There is Something Issue With MIUI ROM.

Try the per output "no dvc headroom gain" toggle, as well as option "force speaker off" under advanced tweaks. As well as AAudio output if you have issues with Hi Res and DVC on your firmware.

Posted (edited)

@andrewilley @maxmp IMPORTANT Poweramp HAS DVC ISSUE Using POCO X3 INDIAN MIUI 13.0.1.0/12.5.8.0 Poweramp Has DVC Volume Glitches, Cause Sound Comes From Both Wireless Headphone and Phone's Earpiece Speaker in (MIUI 13.0.1.0/12.5.8.0 BOTH)

2. If Enabling No DVC Then Volume Control isn't working in (MIUI 13.0.1.0), Volume Level Always At Peak. There is Something Issue With Poweramp DVC OR MIUI ROM.

3. TOGGLING NO DVC ON/OFF OR CHANGING SAMPLE RATE/FORMAT AT 100% VOLUME CAUSING SOUND GLITCH.

*IF am Playing Music With Poweramp DVC and Then Opening any other app As I start playing audio in another app, Sound Coming From Earpiece Speaker and Wireless headphone Simultaneously.

This issue Only Comes With Poweramp DVC + Hi-Res Not Between Another apps that's why I am saying Poweramp Has Something Issue with DVC.

All Outputs Working Fine Except Hi-Res 

Not Sure, Please Tell Me If Am Only Facing This Issue.

Edited by Somnath Khole

Posted (edited)

@andrewilley How To Read Audio Output Detection Logs ?

Example: 09:53:16.725 build-976-bundle-play

Device: POCO Xiaomi M2007J20CI karna_in karna "qcom" karna RKQ1.200826.002 test-keys [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

sm6150 is_snapdragon

MIUI=12

FAILED to read /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf

reading /vendor/etc/audio_io_policy.conf

has direct_pcm_24, sampling_rates=44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000

AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT direct_pcm_24

has direct_pcm_24 formats=AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT

FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD via direct_pcm_24

=> FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD_NS odm_build_date_utc=1653978657

USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=30

>>>OK flags=0xc14016600000000

FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD_NS

FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24

FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24

FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32

FLAG_SUPPORTS_UNITY_GAIN_STREAM

FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB

FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS

FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_48K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_44K

Edited by Somnath Khole

7 hours ago, Somnath Khole said:

@andrewilley Is Poweramp Follow Audio Output Detection Logs For in app All Audio Output Options ? 

B'Coz OPPO Phone's Have Different Directory/Path For Audio_Output_Policy.Conf Which is Not Showing in Poweramp. It shows Failed to Read.

> reading /vendor/etc/audio_io_policy.conf

It's reading your device's capabilities just fine.

Disable DVC if using Hi Res output on your device, as you reported numerously, it does not work. Try AAudio output instead, if you must use DVC.

Edited by Fitzian

34 minutes ago, Somnath Khole said:

@Fitzian Am Trying With Multiple Smartphone Brands That's why Asking How To Read Audio Output Detection Logs.

Poweramp is set up to read audio policy from a standard location, with tested fallbacks for different devices. What's the goal here?

See my earlier comment, Hi-Res is not compatible with all devices and Android variants. Sometimes DVC will help, other times it's better to turn it off. Select the option that works for you and your device - for example I use AAudio 192kHz on my Samsung A54 / Android 14 as High-Res mode does not work on this firmware.

Audio Policy "failed" messages are simply when PA tries to check various locations where the policy file might be stored on different devices (as not all manufacturers put it in the same place). It will use whichever one is actually found.

Andre

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

See my earlier comment, Hi-Res is not compatible with all devices and Android variants. Sometimes DVC will help, other times it's better to turn it off. Select the option that works for you and your device - for example I use AAudio 192kHz on my Samsung A54 / Android 14 as High-Res mode does not work on this firmware.

Audio Policy "failed" messages are simply when PA tries to check various locations where the policy file might be stored on different devices (as not all manufacturers put it in the same place). It will use whichever one is actually found.

Andre

That means Poweramp Hi-Res Output Provides Only Those Option Which Detected By Reading Audio_Output_Policy.Conf ???

If Audio Policy Not Found Then It'll Shows Limited Sample Rate/Format Output Options ?????

The audio policy document states what the hardware can support. However hi-res options also need to be supported by the firmware in the Android ROM, which is not always the case with all manufacturers and all versions.

If it does not work on your device (which is quite possible) simply use a different output method.

Andre