Playlist filtering

Hi

After some years of using Poweramp on my PC + NAS, I've just purchased the Android app for my Samsung Z Fold6.  I have to say I'm impressed by the UI  👍

I've copied the folders on my PC 'as is' to my phone and am now in the process of sorting a few niggles out.

The biggest issue at the moment is that I have half a dozen manually created .m3u playlists in a dedicated folder and want to only use these.  However, the app insists on also showing me all the individual playlists associated with albums I've ripped, that accompany the actual album tracks.  How can I filter so that only the playlists in the dedicated folder are shown as options ?

Cheers

Brian Abbott

If a playlist file exists, it will be displayed in the Playlists category. That is by design.

As Poweramp's Library database is fully tag-based, additional M3U or CUE files which only exist to describe individual albums are not needed - indeed, they are actually counter-productive as they can end up generating duplicate entries. So as long as your music is all correctly tagged I would suggest deleting any spurious M3U or CUE files that were generated by ripping software. It would be quick enough to do en masse by using a decent file explorer to search for *.cue and *.m3u and delete all the ones that are not necessary.

Andre

Ah, OK. 

I've been using dbPoweramp on PC. 

The app names and many aspects of the software and how it's supported etc lead me to assume that they were related. Am I wrong?