Organizing Music Library with Ratings

İbrahim Yiğit

Is is possible for ratings to be embedded within audio files - e.g. using the POPM tag in MP3 files - however Poweramp neither reads nor writes those tags. As far as I know, neither does iTunes. Both apps use their own internal databases to store rankings. Poweramp's internal ratings can be backed up and later restored using Settings=>Import/Export Settings/Data. 

There is a third-party app called Music Playlist Manager which can export Poweramp's ratings database back into the individual audio files, and also read file-based rating tags into PA's music database, but you would need to run that process quite regularly to ensure your content stays synced. I'm afraid I don't know if there is a similar facility for iTunes as I don't use it.

There is an existing Feature Request to bring this facility into the core Poweramp app, which you can vote for here:

Andre

Thank you very much@andrewilley .

Could you give me more information about POPM?

In MP3Tag https://docs.mp3tag.de/mapping/#popularimeter I see those tags? Do you mean one of them? Or does POPM cover all Rating MM, Rating Winamp, Rating WMP? Or is POPM another tag? 

My other question is which tag format should I use? I mean ID3v2...

Thanks a lot for your helps.