Please fix this issue its been months [Popping noise with Samsung OneUI 6.1]

Ever since last year when my samsung updated to one UI 6.1, there is constant popping and distortion especially when skipping tracks. For example when I open spotify and play a song, the song sounds muffled and quiet, if i skip or fast forward it makes a super loud distortion sound that feels like its gonna break my speaker. It goes back to normal after one skip but I always have to be careful when I am skipping or fast forwarding. Nothing has worked I've tried uninstalling reinstalling, and it does it on every eq even if its flat it doesnt matter. Idk how to fix it.

I have the exact same issue on S23 with Oneui 6.1 - especially on Spotify. Happens on heapdhones through a usb-c dac as well as on a speaker. It happens a lot lately and scares the heck of me, especially when listening to music at night time.

One request that i have would be to add an "action" for enabling and disabling the audio processing - that way i could create a routine that enables the equalizer when i plug in my headphones, and disables it when i unplug. This would be perfect.

Update: It seems like disabling DVC fixes the problem (at least as far as my testing goes) but the audio quality is no longer as powerful as with DVC enabled. Really hope this gets fixed sometime soon.

Yea dvc disabled sounds like crap and still doesn't work. It keeps making the distortion sound. I've switched to wavelet for now. It's crazy how they don't care to fix it and purposely ignore this post.

2 hours ago, sophierae said:

It's crazy how they don't care to fix it and purposely ignore this post.

Yes it is absolutely crazy insane that nobody has jumped on it and fixed this unique user issue since you reported it almost 4 days ago. I can't believe Samsung hasn't addressed it yet either in a OneUI update where they actually broke it.

What output methods have you tried in Settings=>Audio=>Output? OpenSL ES is the default, but you could try AAudio, AudioTrack, or Hi-Res for example? If Samsung have broken one method for you, one of Poweramp's other modes might help.

Andre

On 5/9/2024 at 1:52 AM, andrewilley said:

What output methods have you tried in Settings=>Audio=>Output? OpenSL ES is the default, but you could try AAudio, AudioTrack, or Hi-Res for example? If Samsung have broken one method for you, one of Poweramp's other modes might help.

Andre

Unfortunately i cannot find those settings in the Poweramp Equalizer app. I have tried everything, but unfortunately the issue still persists. If you need, i could collect some logs and upload them as the bug is easily reproducable every time i enable audio processing and start a playback. Just tell me what should i upload.

I've had this issue since One UI update in Dec but only for Spotify. I have raised this issue several times and even made a post here about it. The reply to my initial report was to uninstall and reinstall Poweramp equalizer but that does not fix the issue. Hopefully one day they'll fix this lol

On 5/8/2024 at 3:16 PM, MotleyG said:

Yes it is absolutely crazy insane that nobody has jumped on it and fixed this unique user issue since you reported it almost 4 days ago. I can't believe Samsung hasn't addressed it yet either in a OneUI update where they actually broke it.

Actually I made a post about this on March 6th, so it's not unique to this person and it's been reported for much longer than 4 days. You can also find this same issue posted several times on the Reddit sub.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what I'm going to say is extremely harsh. But can somebody please fix the d*** popping noise That's going on in YouTube Music?. I know other people have discussed this, but it seems like the developer just doesn't care at all to do anything about. And the last update was February we're in June can somebody please fix this it's driving me insane. 

• 2 weeks later...