Poweramp on iOS

maxmp

Poweramp on iOS  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is Poweramp on iOS a good idea?

• Yes, it's a good idea.
    • No.

Provided that porting Poweramp to iOS won't take any resources from the main Android branch and development (the proting will be supervised by me and based 90% on my code, but done by 3rd party), is Poweramp on iOS a good idea overall? Some compatibility in regards of settings, presets, library, etc. will be provided so it will be possible to move Poweramp "environment" to/from Android/iOS.

If you can get someone else to do the porting work, that would make sense to me. Not sure whether its design ethos fits too well with the Apple way of doing things though.

But otherwise, I would say only once the Frequently Requested Features list has been addressed would it be time to think of new platforms. :) 

Andre

@maxmp Poweramp is the best music app on either platform and you are the best music app developer of this age overall I believe. With closed environment like IOS, yes you can port Poweramp there but with limited features and infrequent updates. Poweramp is the sole reason why many of us are sticking with Android phones. I'd request you rather stay in android world and develop this amazing app further. As @andrewilley rightly said, the list of frequently requested features is quite long 😉. I know even if your involvement is 10% only with Poweramp for IOS, your focus will be diverted anyhow. Stay here 🙏

1 hour ago, James007 said:

With closed environment like IOS, yes you can port Poweramp there but with limited features and infrequent updates. 

Features are limited only by what the app developer chooses. Infrequent updates are also based on the developer's schedule. Not Apple's. There are almost as many restrictions now on Android as there are within iOS. But there are millions of users out there that could benefit from a better experience. Currently the only real options on iOS are Neutron and more recent player BTR AMP.

I use both devices and have always expected at some point Poweramp will get ported. I highly doubt this will impact development on the Android side nearly as much as Google has done recently.