Shuffle not working for large playlists

What sort of Playlist is it? File-based (e.g. M3U) or created internally in Poweramp using the '+Playlist' facility?

Can you use the '>>' button to skip manually to a new song during playback, and if so what happens when that song finishes?

Can you scroll down and play individual songs within the playlist?

What does the track counter show? It's in the middle of the line of four buttons under the song info (may need to be made visible using Settings=>Look and Feel=>Player Screen=>Show Track Counter) and should start at 1/xxxx - where xxxx is the total number of songs in the playlist. The counter should increment with each new song played.

I've just created a new playlist with 18,000 songs (created from everything in my 'All Songs' list, added twice) and tapping the Shuffle icon in that list's header results in random songs from the list being played as expected, with playback moving on to a new random song at the end of each one.

Andre

They are m3u and m3u8 imported from Musicbee. I can scroll and select individual songs (track counter at one) but then the next song will go back to the top of the list.

Tried creating playist from Poweramp and these seem work properly.

I don't see the specific problem you are encountering when shuffling very large M3U8 playlists, but it is definitely not behaving as expected.

@maxmp When I try to play a huge (17,000+ song) M3U8 playlist in Shuffled mode, playback commences from the start of the list, in normal order rather than randomly. Trying to then tap a new song from elsewhere in the list causes playback to return to the last song played again, and then it continues in order from there. I can send you a log if you can't duplicate this effect.

@maestro30k For now, a workaround would be to convert your M3U8 playlist files into internal database format playlists, which you can use in the meantime. Just long-press on an M3U8 playlist, select '+Playlist' from the pop-up menu, and use '+' to create a newly named internal playlist containing all the same songs. This should allow shuffled playback when desired as the shuffle problem does not seem to affect large internal playlists.

Andre