Z Flip 5 cover screen issue

Go to solution Solved by Dragolth,

Build : 976

Device : Z Flip 5

Android Version : 14 (One UI 6.0)

No custom ROM

Step to reproduce : Basically when I want to use Poweramp on the cover screen (with goodlock), it does this weird bug (the music sounds normal but I just can't use the app, no matter where I touch the screen it doesn't do anything 

Thanks for the report, but this is not reproducible for the current 981 build. I tested few skin options, but number of possible skin and general ui options is very high so it may be some specific option triggering that.

@maxmp
hey, thanks for the answer, that's odd though, I even tried to uninstall and install the app again but it still did the same thing. I don't think I even did something with the phone settings before downloading the app. Could this come from the backup file i used which came from another phone (xiaomi mi 9t, so a different ui) ?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Dragolth said:

Could this come from the backup file i used which came from another phone (xiaomi mi 9t, so a different ui) ?

Looks like it was indeed this, I downloaded the app again and didn't import the parameters of the backup file and now it's all good

Edited by Dragolth

@Dragolth You may be able to import specific elements from the backup safely - for example Playlists, Ratings, EQ Presets, etc. But while porting raw settings from one device to another ought to work in most cases, there could be complications so it might be better to just tweak the options again on your new system.

Andre

• Solution

My bad that was not the problem, what caused this was the language setting, pretty sure now it happened again. Basically when the language is set to automatic, it works perfectly fine, but when i set it to english the issue is back, dunno why the problem comes from that setting though.

@Dragolth thanks for that detail. The bug itself causing this is in the firmware (OneUI6.0 uses non-standard "cached" resources, which already broken some other localization related logic) and the external screen apps is an experimental feature of the OneUI which is obviously not tested/polished in the firmware yet.

If it's possible to workaround it - it will be done for the next beta, otherwise we have to wait for the fix from Samsung.