FLAC Playlists Problems

Hi Guys!

I am using Poweramp on my Android.

Dozens of FLAC/CUE albums have been copied to my phone. 
I want to get some tracks from a given FLAC album and create a Playlist from them.
Playlist creation is OK, playlist playback is OK but when it approaches the end of the final track in the playlist strange things happen.
If there are more tracks in the source album after the playlist's final track then Poweramp starts to play all those album tracks until the whole album ends. Yes, in "Repeat off" mode.
But when there are no more tracks available in the album playback stops as it should.

So it looks like there's an issue with the "Track borders detection" inside CUE files? 

Please help!

It's awful when Beethoven's Piano Sonata #15 starts to play when there is expected to be a silence after Sonata #14...

I'm actually rather surprised that it works at all, as the virtual 'tracks' created via CUE files don't really exist in an isolated form, they are just a portion of a longer audio file. Certainly such playlists would fail completely if exported to regular M3U playlist files.

Andre

I've just tested it with the only CUE files in my Library and it works remarkably well as an internal playlist - although as I said, exporting it to a real physical playlist fails, creating multiple instances of the overall master audio file.

But in my case the master audio file is MP3 not FLAC so I'll need to create something to test it with. The final 'track' in the playlist actually ends a couple of seconds early in fact, but that could be syncing inaccuracy as the master file is VBR rather than CBR.

Andre

17 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

But in my case the master audio file is MP3 not FLAC so I'll need to create something to test it with.

Same happens if I use a FLAC file with a CUE file to make separated 'tracks'. The final CUE-generated song that had been added to an internal playlist stops playing correctly at the end of the track, rather than carrying on through the rest of the master audio file. It actually stops about a second or so early in fact. What crossfade settings do you use, I have them all turned off?

Andre

I sent a link to a test file to you Andre, you can get it from my S3 test bucket.

I have the cue file embedded in my flac files, can that be the difference?

Steps to reproduce:

• Long click on track 2 of the album, create a new playlist
  • Go to playlist and hit play

And Poweramp will continue to play beyond the end of the track.

@6b6561 Tested using your provided file with the embedded CUE data, and I also cleared all the tags and used just the sidecar CUE file instead.

I created two separate playlists containing just track #2 - one playlist was sourced from the embedded data version and the other was from the CUE-file version - and both worked fine. In each case, the track "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" played for 8:54 (actually closer to 8:52) and then stopped after its fairly lengthy lead-out silence. The early stop could be related to the pre-gap index points in the CUE data (the next track has a pre-gap at "INDEX 00 12:21:00" while the actual music starts at "INDEX 01 12:22:62").

I guess there must be something different in our settings, but I think we'll need @maxmp to look into that with a logfile.

[Edit: I just got the problem to occur on second listening to the same test playlists - it didn't happen first time I tried it, but now the overrun happens every time I try, even after closing and re-opening PA]

Andre