Ratings bug when shown in menu from Lyrics page, and album art resolution issue

James007

Hi @maxmp thanks for the amazing app. I have two bugs to report and would be thankful if these could be fixed in the next build

1. I have put rating of 3 stars for the song but when I open song info from inside lyrics screen, it is not synced (always show zero stars). This happen even if rating is assigned from lyrics screen

2. Second one is that my album art embedded resolution is 1200x1200 but the album art popup of Poweramp always show 600x600 no matter the embedded resolution. I have high resolution album art settings enabled in the app. Default album art popup should always show the actual resolution of the embedded album art. For e.g if the embedded resolution is 1296x1296, it must show this resolution.

I'm attaching screenshots for your reference.

Screenshot_20231219-023432.jpg

Screenshot_20231219-023417.jpg

Screenshot_20231219-023401.jpg

10 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Btw I can't reproduce issues with ratings in lyrics UI.

The problem is when you open the context menu directly from the Lyrics screen, the rating shown at the top of the menu is always zero (hollow star) even if the song already has a rating.

Screenshot_20231219_171126_Poweramp.jpg

It dsplays correctly as the right number of stars when opening the context menu from the Player Screen though.

Andre

On 12/19/2023 at 9:19 PM, andrewilley said:

The problem is when you open the context menu directly from the Lyrics screen, the rating shown at the top of the menu is always zero (hollow star) even if the song already has a rating.

Screenshot_20231219_171126_Poweramp.jpg

It dsplays correctly as the right number of stars when opening the context menu from the Player Screen though.

Andre

This is exactly the bug @andrewilley. Thanks for further clarification. @maxmp when song info is opened from inside the lyrics UI. The rating is always zero (no star) no matter what rating have you selected.

Edited by James007

On 12/19/2023 at 4:20 AM, maxmp said:

@James007 thanks for the report. As for cover size, Poweramp by default won’t even try to load image larger than needed to display it.

That is fine with Poweramp not loading image larger than it need to display it. I was saying if I have chosen high resolution in the settings, the album art popup should show that resolution instead of standard 600x600. (for e.g if embedded album art resolution that has been selected is 1300x1300 (high resolution has been selected in settings), it should show this resolution. Right now if I have 1300x1300, it shows 600x600. I have attached screenshots above)

3 hours ago, James007 said:

That is fine with Poweramp not loading image larger than it need to display it. I was saying if I have chosen high resolution in the settings, the album art popup should show that resolution instead of standard 600x600. (for e.g if embedded album art resolution that has been selected is 1300x1300 (high resolution has been selected in settings), it should show this resolution. Right now if I have 1300x1300, it shows 600x600. I have attached screenshots above)

If you check the box for "high resolution" on your screenshot, it will show full res of embedded art. See my screenshots.