Poweramp frustration

dannyd

I'm seeing posts differentiating the difference with Poweramp unlocked and Poweramp equalizer. When I first used Poweramp (free trial) I had access to "known player" and could use poweramps processing to control my music apps like pandora, Spotify, you tube. Now since I bought Poweramp unlocked I no longer have the option to use poweramps processing with any other app. Only music that is downloaded into poweramps internal library. Was this a scam to get me to pay for something that is totally useless to me now but was everything I wanted when it was free?

You seem to be confusing the Poweramp Music Player app and the Poweramp Equalizer app. Which one are you asking about?

For the main Music Player app, there is absolutely no difference between the time-limited trial and the licenced version, the unlocker simply allows you to continue using the app beyond the trial period.

For the Equalizer app to be able to process the audio streams from a wide range of media playing apps, you need to apply the external DUMP Permission for any apps which don't specifically allow such processing though. That should remain set when you purchase it, but worth checking in case you need to do it again.

Note: you should not use the equaliser features provided within the main music player at the same time as the stand-alone Equalizer app - and especially you should not enable DVC in both.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Andre, but I am referring to the main power amp app. Not the Poweramp equalizer. Although in the Poweramp (trial) I did have access to dump permissions. Unfortunately I let the (trial) end before I decided to purchase the licensed version. I also wanted to check out the Poweramp equalizer version and it kind of has a different layout. I’ve deleted the equalizer version and reinstalled the trial version and bought the licensed version but it still looks like the equalizer version and is not affecting my music apps like it did before and I have no dump option either

I was mislead into thinking that Poweramp player would work with my streaming apps on my phoenix auto Tesla style Android radio since everything on it is a downloaded app. Quickly finding out it’s not changing sound quality on any of the streaming apps. Is there a music player that does?

24 minutes ago, Ddaloose said:

I was mislead into thinking that Poweramp player would work with my streaming apps on my phoenix auto Tesla style Android radio since everything on it is a downloaded app. Quickly finding out it’s not changing sound quality on any of the streaming apps. Is there a music player that does?

Re-read the above posts.

Poweramp player is for local music. It has an equalizer, but that's self contained. Poweramp EQ won't do anything unless given appropriate permissions to re-touch the audio streams of different apps.

4 hours ago, Ddaloose said:

Poweramp is a MUSIC PLAYER app. Like other music players, its job is to manage and playback a library of music sourced from local audio files on your device's storage. And like some other media player apps, it happens to have its own powerful built-in equalizer controls to customise the sound you hear while it is playing those audio files. I don't know who misled you into thinking it could control the output from other apps, but I'm afraid they were wrong, it can't. It would be like asking Spotify to control how Amazon Music or YouTube playback sounds.

However the same developer has more recently written a second (completely separate) app, which is also available to download from the Play Store, called Poweramp Equalizer which provides similar equalization facilities but for the main Android audio output. It is designed to adjust the sound from other apps on your Android device, but it does not directly play any music itself.

Hopefully the above will clarify your misunderstanding, and you now know which of the two apps will do what you need.

Andre