Don't understand how new EQ works

Lorendil

Hello,

I tried the EQ app few weeks ago, and it never worked with NewPipe (maybe not supported)

Now, the new EQ options are available on Poweramp, but I don't understand how it works. Now there is a selection with lot of EQ, but I don't know what they correspond to.

Is it posted by users, or is it official? 

With my exemple, does that mean my XM3 EQ sound like a Rting model? An EQ to sound like an other model? 

Vincent  

Screenshot_20230922-105050.png

Screenshot_20230922-105100.png

The device-based EQ profiles are sourced from the public-submitted AutoEQ database>: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results .

You would use such a preset for that specific headset only, to attempt to compensate for any measured inaccuracies in its inherent frequency curve to make its response as flat as possible.   

Andre

Ok, thanks!

There are several proposition for my Sony XM3 and I don't know what to choose. I don't know if the one I chose is the best, but it's really better than the original.

Sony XM3 is technicaly really good, but the original EQ is really awful. You no longer recognise the music you're listening to.

Now I really enjoy listenning music with my XM3 (and it's the first time).

Do you know if it's possible to use EQ app with NewPipe?   

25 minutes ago, Lorendil said:

Do you know if it's possible to use EQ app with NewPipe?   

Probably, you'd need to enable it in  the Known Players List. If it does not announce itself correctly, you may need to run the ADB patch to allow other players' audio streams to be accessed anyway.

Andre

Thanks for the link, but at the final step Newpipe doesn't appear in "PA-EQ Settings > Equalizer > Known Players"

Another question, not about EQ but about PA: is it possible to totally desactivate oversampling and any treatment for an outpout, to have a bitstream USB for exemple? 

Or having oversample on MP3, but no treatment on 24bit songs? 

Vincent