Album Categorizing Case Sensitivity

Loweaul
Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

I found that when I transformed the text in a random album, I mean if you try to transform the text of album name, nothing changed,Screenshot_2023-07-04-23-11-38-058_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.d5a9a960feb94aa798a7ccbd7b533837.jpg

In the picture, I have already transformed the Album text in the tags of music, but nothing has changed in the page of album,it seemed like something wrong with the case sensitivity with album text,

So if you transform the album text of every single song in the same album, still, nothing changed, the whole album still shows the text form before you do anything, and that is kinda ridiculous 😂.

If I want to transform the album text into upper or lower case, I have to change the album name at first and do a full scan after that, then I can change the name back and transform the case of the album text, finally, do a full scan again, the album text transform to the form I need.😂

• Solution

@Loweaul the category name is based on the first track scanned for that category. Meaning, if you have two tracks with album "Great Hits" and "great hits", and "Great Hits" is scanned first, the album name stays as "Great Hits". It's case insensitive.

If you really want to change that, you may want to unselect appropriate Music Folders with that album ("Great Hits" and "great hits"), save that, and then check folder with the wanted album name ("great hits"), save and then check all previously unchecked folders - but this may not worth the effort.

Also, I guess, this can be improved when tag mass editing is added (this is planned) - there will be an option to rename the category as well.

52 minutes ago, Loweaul said:

I found that when I transformed the text in a random album, I mean if you try to transform the text of album name, nothing changed,Screenshot_2023-07-04-23-11-38-058_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.d5a9a960feb94aa798a7ccbd7b533837.jpg

In the picture, I have already transformed the Album text in the tags of music, but nothing has changed in the page of album,it seemed like something wrong with the case sensitivity with album text,

So if you transform the album text of every single song in the same album, still, nothing changed, the whole album still shows the text form before you do anything, and that is kinda ridiculous 😂.

If I want to transform the album text into upper or lower case, I have to change the album name at first and do a full scan after that, then I can change the name back and transform the case of the album text, finally, do a full scan again, the album text transform to the form I need.😂

How do you have blurred background in album page? What skin are you using? 

2 hours ago, SachinSachi said:

How do you have blurred background in album page? What skin are you using? 

PA Settings=>Background=>List Background. It will look a bit dimmer than the version on the Player Screen background in order to make the list text more readable, and some third-party skins may override it with their own settings.

@Loweaul As Max has said, since PA is not case-sensitive when it comes to tags like Artist, Album Artist, Album Title, etc, then any variations of "The Beatles", "the beatles", "The beatles", etc need to be treated as the same band name rather than three different bands. The first instance that PA ever encounters of that name will be the one it uses for display purposes, no matter what the actual case found in each specific file might be.

This single-name choice is remembered even through a Full Rescan (necessary to be able to restore any Play Counts, Ratings, etc). So you need remove ALL files which contain any instances of that name - e.g. move the album or artist's folder outside of the scannable location for now. Or you could just point your Music Folders setting to some null folder, but that would affect more items. Then rescan so that name gets completely forgotten in the database, and finally move the folder or files back and allow the content to be rescanned back in again.

Note: you may lose associated Ratings and Play Counts by doing this, so make a backup first just in case.

Andre