I can't install Poweramp on my new Phone

iHMahmoodi
Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

Hi there,

Recently I bought Samsung S23 Ultra and import my data from my old phone which is S8 Plus.

I also imported the apps too and Poweramp was one of them, but this app and some others couldn't run on my new phone, so I remove them and when I want to install the app from playstore or the APK itself, I got an error that prevent me to install that and says this app is on your phone and you can update that. but even the update process finally gets an error.

how can I fix this?

do you have a Poweramp cleaner app for this situation?

Screenshot-20230619-070433-Google-Play-SSmart-Select-20230619-070715-Package-ins

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

You have some other copy of Poweramp or Poweramp unlocker on your device. Uninstall this first. Also try to reboot the phone once. Thanks!

There isn't any other copy or unlocker on my phone and I rebooted many times.

How can I find the Poweramp leftovers to delete them manually. Where do I have to look? 

I remembered 2 or 3 month ago when I see this error for the first time (when I bought the phone and transferrd my data from my old phone) I search all over there files in my phone and find a folder or a file called maxmp.lyric or something like that, but when I delete that file or folder, nothing happened and that file or folder still was there. 

Today I search again to take screenshot for you but I don't know where to look anymore. 

So there is an empty folder on my phone that I can't delete that

Tell me where the app files stored to take a screenshot for you to help me get rid of that folder or create a simple cleaner app for someone like me that import their data from their old phone and it's not working anymore. 

Probably caused by whatever tried to import apps from the old phone. If it simply re-downloaded everything from the Play Store then it would probably work, but if it tried to recreate data folders then potential name changes between Android versions could become an issue.

Andre

11 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Interesting that the year of that file seems to be long before any Android systems were even conceptualized!

I found that image in this forum but I saw that in my phone before 

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Probably caused by whatever tried to import apps from the old phone. If it simply re-downloaded everything from the Play Store then it would probably work, but if it tried to recreate data folders then potential name changes between Android versions could become an issue.

Andre

So what is the solution for this situation? Noting? 

I wanted to buy the app license from the play store but it seems even you can't fix the problem. 

Edited by iHMahmoodi

On 6/26/2023 at 8:53 PM, iHMahmoodi said:

Recently I bought Samsung S23 Ultra and import my data from my old phone which is S8 Plus.

I also imported the apps too and Poweramp was one of them

On 6/28/2023 at 6:17 AM, iHMahmoodi said:

I found that image in this forum but I saw that in my phone before 

I wanted to buy the app license from the play store but it seems even you can't fix the problem. 

So you were using Poweramp on your old phone, copied the installation over to your new phone somehow, but you hadn't purchased a licence? If you had previously installed a hacked version then that could explain the problem that you are experiencing now.

And then you posted someone else's old screenshot found on the internet to show the error message you are seeing?

Perhaps you could clarify this for me, but it all sounds a bit strange. 

Andre

That wasn't the hacked version, that was the trial version before I buy my new phone I'm searching for the best music player and testing some of them including Poweramp and aimp and JetAudio... 

No, the error message is on my phone, if you need it I can record a video to prove it's real and really why I want to waste my time if I don't have a problem here? (the screenshot of the folder is on your forum that I saw by myself before 3 month ago when I bought my new phone to fix the problem and when I couldn't do that, I give it up till now I wanted to try one more time) 

And instead of telling me that this error is not exist, fix the problem for people or give a solution for that. 

Other people are reporting the same issue on your forum before:

And more... 

And this is a video for you to believe your potential customers! 

Edited by iHMahmoodi

One of those threads was specific to Huawei devices and their App Gallery version so doesn't apply to you, and another never bothered to come back to diagnose the issue any further after the initial post. The other two links are from the same thread, which has not been commented on since Max (the PA dev) posted:

My feeling is still what I posted earlier that the process the automatically transferred the Trial version of PA from your old device to the new one has somehow caused a conflict which is not being cleared by an uninstall. Could you elaborate on exactly how you first put PA onto your new S23, and what happened next?  

Andre

I installed some player from play store on my old phone S8 plus to test and replace one of them with Samsung music I used before. 

When I bought a new one S 23 Ultra to transfer my data like contacts, music, videos and... I used Samsung transfer app and one of the section of this app was transfer your app and their Data to new phone. 

For saving time to re download and adjust my apps I use this method too and didn't know this happened for some apps like Poweramp. 

From that time till now I can't install this app and tried lots of ways to fix the problem by myself but none of them works properly. 

@iHMahmoodi you can't install app when you have either same app (==same package name, com.maxmpz.audioplayer and com.maxmpz.audioplayer.unlock) or data from the same app (if the app was previously uninstalled with the "Keep data" option) with the different signature. The different signature means the signature is not from Poweramp developer (me), but probably it's from the modded app. You need to uninstall the app/remove that data first.

Bad data created by the backup software could be a problem too, though, it shouldn't block installation unless something is broken with file/folder permissions.

Another case is an attempt to install or update Huawei AppGallery edition of the app. Huawei required different package name and that Poweramp build can't be updated with Play or -uni- builds and vice versa - only Huawei AppGallery can do the update.

@maxmp As is said before in my first post, when I transfer the app from my old phone to a new one, it was transferred/installed completely but I couldn't run that.

so I remove the app to re-install it from the play store and this happened.

with this situation, is there any way to delete leftovers or anything that prevents installing the app again from Play Store?

yesterday I search more for a solution and I rename the APK package name but the error (and update request) still exists.

why do I persist to use your app? Because it works better than others, especially on my Samsung watch and my earbuds.

p.s: because recently I bought my new phone I don't want to void the warranty otherwise I root my phone and find that folder to remove it.

if you have any solution for this I much appreciate it and if not, I do not ask for more.

Thanks.

You should try to delete com.maxmpz.player file from PC or laptop. Just connect phone, change USB configuration to `transfer files and media`, find it in Android folder and remove.

• Solution

@iHMahmoodi you can't rename Poweramp package name.

The best approach here, I think, would be contacting the backup software support / or appropriate backup app forums as this issue probably happened for other users and probably there is a solution.

Also, "adb uninstall com.maxmpz.audioplayer" should also work, if you have adb setup available.