I need a button to mark as Explicit

If that is ever supported, it would most likely be via reading embedded tags (which can indicate that a song contains explicit lyics).

Most people who want this feature simply edit the Title tag though, to add an 🅴 to the end of the song title (Unicode character U+1F174).

Andre

That would be up to Max, but I can't really see it being a massively desired feature among the general user base, and it would further clutter up the user interface. As it is the sort of thing you won't ever want to change on a regular basis once it's been set, it makes more sense having it as a tag attribute in the file in the first place.

Andre

But you can add an option in the settings to turn this feature on and off for those who need it. If possible please make this feature. I have over 3000 songs in my library and I am a Poweramp Full Version user.

There is a defined metadata tag for this, but it only applies to m4a files. It was established by Apple for iTunes, with the field heading ITUNESADVISORY. Most other players do not use this, and it does not work for any other file format (mp3, wav, etc.), even when used in iTunes.

As this is not a widely available tag field, I wouldn’t expect it to get added as a feature here any time soon.

I really can't see this happening any time soon either. Even if "Explicit" flagging was a widespread thing (and apart from iTunes, it's not) it's not something that an average user would want to keep changing while listening to a song. It's something that would need to be applied to any relevant song once (ideally when the file tags were first generated) and then forgotten.

It can already be easily added to the song title - which is shown on both the Player Screen and in lists - either by using any specific Unicode symbol of your choosing, or just plain text such as "[E]" or "[Explicit]".

What beneficial functionality would an extra button on the player screen offer to the wider user base that would make it worthwhile spending quite a lot of valuable development time on?

Andre