Artwork folder / no access

Maprewop

Hello

I just found this page:

The issue is with Android 12, that I don't have access to the Android folder. Any suggestions to get access? A windows pops up to chose a folder. Bat that doesn't help. Another solution could be to save all the art files on external SD card.. Is it possible?

Then I found this soluten which worked at that time. I guess I was on A8 or A10:

But unfortunately, the sane applies here. When I open Android folder all I see is are the following folders: Android, data, media, obb, obj. But Android doen't allow me to open Android.

All what happens is a popup which Asks me for access to internal storage. There I can select the desired folder like data and a pop up appears with the name Special access to Internal Storage. I click on Grant Access, but nothing changes,

I think it has to do with the new restrictions from Android. This confirms he following thread.

My music is all on the SD card. Only Artwork seems to be in the internal folder. I would like to backup those folders manually, or even better set the default order for the artwork into my Msic folder in SD card.

Edited by Maprewop

Ok, I'm using x-plore file manager. But will try Solid Explorer. I would like the Radio Logos to Tivimate (an IPTV Player for Android TV Boxes) where I added the same Radio playlist. May be it works. Tivimate loads Logos automatically for TV channels, but not for Radio channels.

A quick other question: If I delete certain channels from my Radio Playlist in Poweramp, will this cannels only get hidden, or does it delete the etry within the .m3u playlist? I would prefer the latter, so I could use exact the same playlist on other devices.

I tried MiExplorer with root. I can enter the folder of Poweramp. But the only folder in there is milk_presets. Do I looking at a wrong path>

Edit: I got it. MiExplorer shows everything.

Edited by Maprewop

If you delete a streaming URL entry directly from the M3U playlist (either manually in a text editor, or using PA's long-press=>Delete feature) then that should remove it completely from the file and from the Streams Category too. If you only remove the version in the Streams Category, the entry in the M3U file will still be present so it will return whenever the M3U file gets rescanned.

You can save a logo for a Stream by long-pressing on the title and choosing Album Art, which will write your chosen image (either picked online or from your Gallery) into the selected_aa cache folder.

Andre

The folder will vary depending on what Android version was in use when PA was first installed.

For Android 10/11+ expect to find Poweramp's data in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/ . For older installs, expect to find it in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ (note the underscore in '_com').

For Android 13+, you may not see the folders at all as Google is trying very hard to restrict access to app data folders. But prior to that, decent file explorer apps can work around their shenanigans.

---------

@maxmp Hate to suggest another change, but could you move that cache content into the Android/media/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ hierarchy, which should still be accessible on more recent Androids I believe? And stick a few .nomedia files in there, to prevent Android trying to scan it.

Andre 

The filename used in the selected_aa folder will be in the format "%artist% - %title%.jpg", with any special characters replaced with underscores for the filename. So for a simple song, that might give an image filename:
ABBA - Dancing Queen.jpg

For a generic streaming radio station, the 'Artist' is the Streaming URL, and the 'Title' is whatever the station has broadcast as its own name. So for example, for BBC Radio 2 (http://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_two) you'd end up with an image filename of:
http:___stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk_bbc_radio_two - BBC Radio 2.jpg

If the station provides unique Title & Artist information for each song it plays, Poweramp will use that information to match with new images in the same way it would with any other change of song. Auto-downloaded images (which should update on the fly as the radio station changes its song info) will be saved in the album_art folder, manually selected images are saved in selected_aa.

The extender must be .jpg even if the file format is a PNG by the way. Poweramp will still decode it appropriately when it loads the image.

Andre