dreamtime

While you are listening to any given Playlist, make sure you choose 'Shuffle Songs' or 'Shuffle Songs/Categories' via the shuffle icon. Don't choose 'Shuffle All' as that will play from your whole music collection.

If you prefer to use the small Shuffle icon at the top-left of the songs list in the Library=>Playlists view, the 'Shuffle Songs/Categories' mode will be chosen - although that is configurable via Settings=>Library=>Shuffle=>'Category Items Shuffle'.

Oh, and make sure you haven't got any unplayed songs remaining in the Queue. To check, go to Library=>Queue, and remove anything that's still listed there using (three-dots-menu)=>Clear Queue.

Andre

Thanx for the reply andrewilley. I've done that, but still have issues. After 5 songs it suddenly jumps to another playlist even so i started the shuffle in the desired playlist controls and to only shuffle songs. It seems Poweramp has complicated what should have been a simple action.

56 minutes ago, dreamtime said:

Thanx for the reply andrewilley. I've done that, but still have issues. After 5 songs it suddenly jumps to another playlist even so i started the shuffle in the desired playlist controls and to only shuffle songs. It seems Poweramp has complicated what should have been a simple action.

The easiest way to ensure you only shuffle from within a playlist is to browse to that specific list, then use the shuffle button in the header right at the top. This was mentioned by @andrewilley above. There are other ways as well, but this is by far the easiest way.

7 hours ago, dreamtime said:

Why is there no option to shuffle inside a specific playlist only. Every android music player I've ever used was able to do this. I regret paying money for the full version

There is an option to shuffle songs in every specific Playlist, you haven't just understood it yet, I mean, you can't miss it if you say you have been using other music apps. 

Regretting to pay for the full version, this statement is out of place, because I believe you used the trial version and loved the experience, you wanted it to continue, and that why you paid for the unlocker. 

If there is any function you miss from other apps, or you don't understand in Poweramp, just ask, at least with some nice words. 

@dreamtime Welcome to Poweramp Forum, just have some patience, your questions will be answered. 

Bencherished 

2 hours ago, dreamtime said:

After 5 songs it suddenly jumps to another playlist

Using either of the methods I described above, that cannot happen.

Have you read the FAQ detailing how each of the various Shuffle modes work and how they can be used?

To check the progress of a shuffled playback session, use the track counter shown in the middle of the row of buttons beneath the cover artwork on the player screen. If you can't see it, enable it with Settings=>Look and Feel=>Player UI=>Show Track Counter.

When you first start shuffled playback of any given Playlist (in either 'Shuffle Songs' or 'Shuffle Songs/Categories' modes), the counter should start at "1 / nnn", where nnn is the total number of songs available in the current Playlist. That first number will increment for each new song that is played, until playbacj gets to the end of that Playlist at which point a new Playlist will be selected and played. If that number ever jumps unexpectedly back to "1 / nnn" (or even 1 out of another value) you have somehow triggered a reshuffle - such as by using the category-changing '<<<' or '>>>' buttons, choosing a new song manually, or choosing a new shuffle mode manually - in which case a new playback order is in place and you start listening to a new shuffle.

Andre