iSyncr and Poweramp

greycobalt

I use iSyncr to sync my iTunes library to my phone and tablet, and Poweramp to play the music. It has no issue playing the files or finding my playlists, but every time iSyncr syncs and adds new music, Poweramp can't find it unless I do a "full rescan" of my library. Is there a particular reason for this, or a way around it? 

24 minutes ago, greycobalt said:

I use iSyncr to sync my iTunes library to my phone and tablet, and Poweramp to play the music. It has no issue playing the files or finding my playlists, but every time iSyncr syncs and adds new music, Poweramp can't find it unless I do a "full rescan" of my library. Is there a particular reason for this, or a way around it? 

You are syncing the new sub folders/files to the same Music directory that you have pointed Poweramp to? Just doing a standard re-scan (top of the option list) should catch anything new. BUT - does you sync software update the modified date of the file that it copies to the phone? If not, Poweramp won't know that these are new files. I'd check to see if there is a setting in your sync software for this.

Automated sync software is often problematical when it comes to files being recognised as 'new' at the destination - especially if they retain the exact same filename as before. But any new files should still be detected by Poweramp on a simple scan - unless there are issues with how the syncing software is setting the File-Created and Last-Modified dates. A Full Rescan scans every file, whether or not the file system say its new.

To check to see if this is the issue, when you notice something hasn't updated in Poweramp's library, re-copy the folder in question manually via a File Explorer app or USB cable (perhaps give the folder a different name) and see if that gets detected by a routine scan.

Oh, and do make sure that automatic background scans are enabled in PA Settings=>Library=>Scanner.

Andre

@andrewilley I'll give this all a shot, thanks for the tips!

@MotleyG That's what I thought, but standard rescans never brought the new stuff up. I'll check the sync software, but the options in it aren't too robust; the UI is about 10 years old.

20 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Automated sync software is often problematical when it comes to files being recognised as 'new' at the destination - especially if they retain the exact same filename as before. But any new files should still be detected by Poweramp on a simple scan - unless there are issues with how the syncing software is setting the File-Created and Last-Modified dates. A Full Rescan scans every file, whether or not the file system say its new.

To check to see if this is the issue, when you notice something hasn't updated in Poweramp's library, re-copy the folder in question manually via a File Explorer app or USB cable (perhaps give the folder a different name) and see if that gets detected by a routine scan.

Oh, and do make sure that automatic background scans are enabled in PA Settings=>Library=>Scanner.

Andre

2 hours ago, greycobalt said:

That's what I thought, but standard rescans never brought the new stuff up. I'll check the sync software, but the options in it aren't too robust; the UI is about 10 years old.

It should be pretty easy to confirm. After you make the next sync, use the file browser to look at any file you know should have been modified or added. Check the file modification date to see if it matches the current date, or is older. If it is the current date/time, Poweramp should find it when you run a standard rescan, or if this has been left to run automatically in the settings. But if the modified date shows a date/time in the past, then Poweramp will ignore this file when looking for changes, and only a "Full Rescan" would then pick it up.