Need some EQ help...

silvercrush

So, I have a Samsung Fascinate and I downloaded Poweramp. I have been playing around with the EQ settings to see what I like the best, but I cannot seem to find a setting that works good. I listen to all kinds of music whether it is Rock (such as Three Days Grace or Rise Against, etc.), Rap (Jay-Z, Mac Miller, etc.), or even Country (Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, etc.) I have been reading that most of the people use the Rock preset, and I tried it out. While it has a nice bass, it drowns out the rest of the sound in my opinion. I am extremely picky when it comes to the way music sounds. If you could, it would be helpful if you guys posted the EQ settings that you use so I can see if one works good for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

There is no 'Good' EQ preset. Different speakers/headphones need a different EQ to sound 'good'.

You may want to tweak your EQ to try get a flat response from your sound system first, and then apply extra bass and treble on top of that with the tone/volume controls for your taste.

There are many guides on the internet for getting a flat response, but basically, for each frequency band in your EQ, the volume needs to be the same as every other band.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived