kind of blacklist songs in specific library categories

As the title says ability to blacklist/hide songs like podcasts or audiobook or radio shows from general music categories like all songs, albums, artists etc.etc. But can be accessed specifically in folder/long categories. I would like to keep music library organised & less cluttered is it even possible? Or is there any workaround already present in the app

Folders do that job pretty well for me, what specifically are you trying to achieve? There currently is no "filter" facility in List Options that would allow you to (for example) remove any tracks with a genre of "Podcast" or "Audiobook" from Albums/Artists/All Songs views. 

Andre

4 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

Whenever you don't want a particular group of collections, eg, Xmas songs, just unmarke the folder(s) from Library- music folder. 

That wouldn't work with a large music collection (2-3+ minutes re-scanning) and stuff that you might listen to daily (such as podcasts)

Andre

When it comes to podcasts, I'm forced to use different audio player due to this issue. I don't want my music library to be mixed with podcasts.

Wish there was an option in category "Streams" for choosing folder, for example, with podcasts.

Some sort of smart playlist, separate from main library.

There is option "Select Folders" but that's applying for whole library, not just for Streams/Podcasts category.

But "black list" could be useful option, and could be applied in multiple scenarios. 

Also, I have folder with soundtracks which I don't want to mix with my music library but I wanna listen those songs from time to time. So something like separate library would be great.

Edited by Mark89

I have exactly the same setup as you but it doesn't cause me any issues. Within my Audio folder I have folders for Podcasts, Christmas, Films, TV, Music, Radio, etc. And each of those has further subfolders as required for the collections they contain. Then I just choose whatever subfolder I want to listen to using Folders or Folders Hierarchy.

I did have a slight issue when Shuffling all songs - as I really just wanted the Music folder to be shuffled without hearing random podcasts or film soundtracks - so instead of using Shuffle All Songs I just open my main Music folder and tap the Shuffle icon at the top, which then shuffles just the contents of Music. 

Could you perhaps elaborate on what exactly is the problem you are facing? 

Andre

I believe I did elaborate my problem in post above. 

I really don't want to mix my podcasts with my music library. 

Your approach is okay, but in my case, my music collection consists of two folders.

So how do I shuffle play those two folders (in case I want to shuffle "all songs") without using queue list? Making playlist of all songs in these two folders is not an option since is complicated to keep track with every new song I add to my phone. And also I don't like using queue option.

@Mark89 Just open whichever overall folder you want to listen to the contents of, and tap the Shuffle icon in the header area.

You can choose whether you want completely random choices of any song from any subfolder, or to group the shuffled items by subfolder first, using Settings=>Library=>Shuffle=>Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy.

See the final section in this FAQ for more details:

Andre