Storage unmounted, 512gig card

brokey

Gidday

I don't know if the size of the card would make a difference...I had a 256gig card previously in my Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5g and changed over to a 512 (in the specs it mentions that it can handle it) to accommodate my large music library...

I formatted the 512 card in the phone and transferred all of the previous audio and then more (I have 362gig on the card)...it was playing all of the music without any problem until I recently added some more and I am now getting the error message but only when I transferred the last two albums...it's interesting that the last two albums that were transferred, in the recently added list, the albums are there in double (the attached image shows what I am referring to), with one without the album image and then with the image showing...the songs where the image is showing will play when pressed but the ones that don't, won't...

I have looked through the threads and have deselected the option File Access Legacy Mode..Screenshot_2022-05-02-10-15-07-652_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.07aff7b0c502018771f22eca3292218a.jpg.

Any help appreciated...

cheers

col

I am guessing, this is a faulty memory card, or should I say fake SD card. 

It's not up to the size (512gb) so what is happening is, you have reached the actual capacity of the card so any new file you transfer will overwrite the later. 

To confirm this, try it out with a PC, open three windows, copy files to it, while copying, refresh a window that contains old files, keep in mind the number of files, if I am right, it will be reduced as you copy new files. 

I hope you did not move the files to the new card? 

Thanks for the reply...I guess it could be corrupted or a suspect card so I have contacted the shop where I purchased it (not fleabay) so will be interested to hear what they say...

cheers

col

If the card is fake (usually not actually as big as the label says) then the files themselves would be broken. Long-press on the song titles in the PA list view, and use Info/Tags to see where in your device's storage the good and bad song files are located, then check those location using a file explorer app (and/or copy them back to your PC maybe to see if they play there).

The issue could also be existing database entries not being cleared properly, try a FULL Rescan (in Settings=>Library) to see if that eliminates the duplicates.

Andre

When I check the properties of one of the files that doesn't show the album cover there is no information to show where the file is located but the corresponding file that does show the image of the album the properties display the location of the file plus all the other info...

It's interesting that again, the files that show the album cover play fine but the corresponding audio file doesn't play...

I have tried a full rescan a few times...

cheers

col

Well, I contacted the place that sold the card to me, Flash Trend, http://www.flashtrend.com.au, and they come back with the excuse that the card is damaged and it's not covered under warranty...what should I do, argue? I mean, I haven't stamped on the thing and I have taken care with it...it's not like I am gonna screw around with something that cost me a hundred bucks...

cheers

colimage.thumb.jpeg.2caa14f9376583e0d82b13fab2e3fc77.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have since purchased another 512Gb SDCard (and loaded it up with audio files) and I think I have discovered that the problem is with Poweramp as I installed another MP3 player on my phone and it displays and plays all of the songs without a problem...

Anyone have any issues with Poweramp and the problem that I had?

cheers

858842239_Screen1.thumb.jpg.8ec76813fc8e0a302dcaaafef8cf945a.jpg

col

Screen 2.jpg

When you installed the new card, did you clear out PA's old database first to remove the existing phantom entries from the music library? The new card would presumably have shown up under a new path designator in Android, so anything left of the old database entries would of course fail to find the source files (which does appear to be the general issue here). That could be done with a fully clean install of PA (good idea to backup your settings first if you have anything you want to keep). Or you could simply untick everything in the Music Folders list and then run a Full Rescan, which should result in zero songs showing in the music library. Then grant access and tick the new location again and rescan. Do the phantom entries still re-appear afterwards?

Andre