Two different instances of Poweramp on the same phone

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I have two different libraries of audio, music and audiobooks, and should like to have two different instances of Poweramp, one which starts directly with music and a second one which starts directly with audiobooks. Any way to get this?

What you are asking for would require Poweramp to introduce an option for multiple user profiles, which would require a lot of work as that would mean loading a complete new set of Settings, skin options, new library database, cover artwork cache folders, etc. As Max has said, if your phone supports different user profiles you could do it that way though.

I just use folders to manage my different audio collections. So at the top level of Folders Hierarchy (which can be set as the default Library opening page) I have main folders for Podcasts, Music, Film & TV, Radio, Audiobooks, etc.

Andre

• Solution
4 hours ago, lucianop53 said:

please can you tell me where is the option to select my top level folder as the default Library opening page?

It's two steps.

First set the app startup mode to commence at the Library view with: Settings > Look and Feel > Start at Library

Then you can configure the Library's top-level view to show a particular category instead of the full categories list: Go to the top Library screen and tap (menu) > List Options. You can then select which Categories you want to see, and/or long-press on a Category name to set that as the Library's default view.

One other useful option if all of your music subfolders are in one overall folder, but you want Folders Hierarchy to show the subfolders first rather than the single top-level folder: Settings > Library > Lists > Folders Hierarchy Immediate Root.

Andre