Android Auto integration, message displayed

Fstop

Hi, Andre/Max. (Long-time PA user and still my favorite app!) 

Been using Poweramp successfully with Android Auto and notice that it is displaying the message "Poweramp is being used by another device" predominantly, under the song title and artist. Is there a way to disable this message so it doesn't show on the screen (on the car's head unit display)? Thanks! 

Yes, here you go! Wasn't sure if it's an issue with my phone, PA, or AndroidAuto. I'm using a Samsung Note9 in a Hyundai Kona. I am also a beta tester for Android Auto, so it'd be latest (if not unreleased) version. 

20220220_160833.jpg

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

I'm using a Hyundai head unit too (four year old i30) as it happens, and a Samsung phone (Galaxy A70). But I'm not in the AA beta programme, so it could be related to that.

Andre

Yes, I was wondering about that, it started doing it about a month ago. Hadn't been displayed before. Mine is a 2019 Kona, and I recently updated the firmware for the head unit, but it wasn't doing it immediately after that. But not sure how long I've had the most recent AA release. 

Andre, I also recently purchased the Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Adapter and it is working perfectly, but this message was already being displayed with the USB wired AA. (Just thought I'd let you know it works great in the hyundai though, no wires!) 

I still love PA so much, tell everyone about it! Love how I can use a designated EQ profile for each IEM, headphone, and my home stereo (actually a studio) as well as my car, so I have the perfect sound profiles all the time (I had training as a recording engineer and design/build my own speaker systems, so can't stand everything not sounding right all the time. ;)

• 1 month later...

Just started happening to me a few days ago too:

image.png

It's especially annoying as this message occupies the area that should be used to provide counter / duration, so you can no longer see the playback position as mm:ss.

On a related note, I wish Google hadn't implemented that silly blue ring around the Play button - what was wrong with the old horizontal line along the bottom which was far more readable?

Andre

• 8 months later...

@Fstop The display on my Android Auto head unit is still doing it too, so the track details line is always replaced with the annoying "Poweramp is being used by another de..." message (as per the earlier photos). Any interim updates to Android, Android Auto, or Poweramp don't seem to have changed the situation.

@maxmp Any ideas on this?

Andre

• 1 month later...

I have had the same issue since last month after AA released the coolwalk to me. 

Full version Poweramp ver. 945004-2d535bbf, from Google Play. 

AA beta user, with AA version 8.7.130204-release.daily

Using S22Ultra Android 13 with Genesis GV80