Chromecast Audio

Dan1973

Yes it connects and it shows its playing on the phone screen. It's a Sony Xperia 10 ii running Android 11. It's been working no problem but now it gives the connect noise but when you play a file it shows it on the screen playing but no sound. It's the Chromecast audio disc like in the picture (I tried swapping it out for a tibo bond 3 but should not have bothered. A load of rubbish. So reverted back to the Chromecast)

Well the whole issue of using PA was because Sony music player stopped playing files to Chromecast. I then only this week took away the Chromecast and replaced it with the tibo bond 3. This had a LAN connection and could play local files from the USB on the back. It was a massive disappointment so that's going back. Now I have put the Chromecast back it's not playing back. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been able to cast to either Google Home mini nor the TV Chromecast for months now. Get the connected sound and then the visualiser in PA app looks like it's playing for about 4 seconds but then endlessly returns to the start of the track. Track timer doesn't progress. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Increased buffer size. No joy.