Video Album / PC application / Internal Subtitles

welcome, everybody.

I will now present three advantages that I hope to work on by developers during the coming period, which will result in real progress within the application.

First: the album art, it will become the video album!
It is good for the album to have an animated video and not just a static image as usual, and this is what we actually saw in the Apple Music application, for adding this video, it is preferable to make it up to users to add the video that suits them to that album, or to be more advanced and make a base for videos that are already available for some photos albums.

Second: Provide a copy of the application for the Windows platform.
It would be great to provide a copy of the application for PCs, I think many are asking for this, so start, and our support for you is there.

Third: Providing translations from the same application away from the third party.
The translation feature for the same language as the song, it would be good to hear and read at the same time what is being said, but apart from entering into other applications, translation is supported in the same application.

Thank you very much, I wish you good luck.

1) Poweramp is not a video playing application, so it's unlikely that video clips to accompany music would be added either. You can use Visualizations which move in time with the music though.

2) This won't ever happen, sorry. Nor Apple iOS/Mac. Windows 11 does provide some support for Android apps to run natively in their own windows though, so in time that may be a partial solution to what you are asking.

3) There are extensions to the lyrics system planned, including support for .LRC files, so you could use whatever language of lyrics that you want. But PA will only display what it's given, it's unlikely to offer on-the-fly translation services.

Andre

@andrewilley

Thank you very much for the response, for feature #2 and #3, I understand what you mean and welcome what you say.

As for the feature, number 1, you misunderstood me, the video is not intended to add a 4-minute video, not even a minute, but an animated video, the time of which will not exceed 30 seconds and repeat, I will attach a file, so that you understand what I am saying, look at the album art, you will find it a picture But it is animated at the same time, the goal of the idea is to add an aesthetic and attractive form, instead of a boring static image, this file is just an example for you to understand the idea.

Thank you very much once again.

explain

5 hours ago, Abduallah Khalf said:

@andrewilley

I think your description is more accurate than me, it's a GIF more than a video.

If I can say, it's a GIF of the album art, I think it's much better than a still image.

These animated covers are not currently supported under the standard tag specs for any format that I am aware of at this time. Until this concept is more widely accepted with a somewhat universal standard, I don’t think it will fly. But this will need to be decided by the developer ultimately.

@MotleyG Agreed, I don't think it could work with embedded images as there is no spec for it - but I guess something could be designed based on downloaded images. But PA only uses JPEG cover art so the whole system would need re-jigging. And since all album covers on CDs and LPs (which is what PA is meant to display) are by definition static images, I can't really see it getting a lot of traction. Maybe the streaming world uses moving artwork though? I've just not come across it. 

Andre

@MotleyG

With all due respect to what you said, what's the point of waiting for a certain thing for everyone to do and then you do it, I think it's professional to go one step ahead of everyone, at least to look special, and even if this thing is just as simple as changing the approach of the album image to GIF for the album.

In general, it is up to the developers, the idea is there, the material is also available, the rest is only the implementation.

thanks for your time.

@andrewilley

It seems a bit laborious to implement one of these steps or as you put it "the whole system would need to be re-jumped", it's generally up to you.

Was it when Apple music implemented it, was it necessary to be attractive enough to implement it, I think that change is necessary with the technological progress we are witnessing.

I'll send you another example, with the same idea.

Thanks so much for the time.

I know Apple/iTunes has done something as a bit of a gimmick for a few of their streamed songs, but Poweramp is an Android app based on industry-standard audio file formats such as MP3, FLAC, etc. If you can find any MP3 or FLAC files that include this feature and upload a sample, it might be possible to support them at some point, if Max thinks there would be a demand for it. I don't know of anything that does this though.

Andre

@andrewilley

I get what you're saying, surely an audio file with an extension of MP3 or Flac etc., cannot carry a video file with whatever extension, it can only carry an image as the cover of the audio file.

(Basic point) The idea that an audio file with an extension of MP3 or Flac, holds a visual file (like the one I sent you) I think I've never seen such an explicit file, but it's not impossible, that making an audio file with an image as a cover, is able to do a merge between an audio file carrying Repeated video file as well (like the one I sent you).

(Sub point) I'm already working on a way to do this: audio file + video file (like the one I sent you) = audio file (visual file holder) with a popular audio file extension (not a video file extension)
*(In addition, there will be conditions and criteria for sure)

(inquiry) But let's agree that this has not happened yet, I thought that there is a way on the application, it was able to open the audio file normally, and display the GIF file in place of the still image, and you also know that the GIF file will not be written to the audio file, meaning that if this is transferred The file from one device to another device, the audio file will be transferred as it is without the GIF file (as explained in the base point).

I hope you understood what I mean, and I apologize for the long talk, and thank you for your time.

2 hours ago, Abduallah Khalf said:

@MotleyG

With all due respect to what you said, what's the point of waiting for a certain thing for everyone to do and then you do it, I think it's professional to go one step ahead of everyone, at least to look special, and even if this thing is just as simple as changing the approach of the album image to GIF for the album.

In general, it is up to the developers, the idea is there, the material is also available, the rest is only the implementation.

thanks for your time.

The same audio files have to play with many other players besides Poweramp. If they do not work with this due to breaking from the accepted standard, than I would suggest this is outside of the realm of what should be done. Poweramp is a premium player for audio files. Let it do what it does best. If I wanted an iPhone, I’d buy one and let Apple decide how and what I should see.

@MotleyG

I think you took my words to the wrong turn, I love Poweramp so much, I even asked to copy it to PC.

I certainly appreciate their great effort in this application, I just presented an idea that I thought could improve and develop the beauty of the application, and even if the application does not need it, I only presented it, and the developers have the freedom to choose, and if they ask for help, I will welcome this.

I don't know what the iPhone or Apple has to do with the subject, but I said enough to clarify.

Thank you for your respect and your time.

21 hours ago, Abduallah Khalf said:

First: the album art, it will become the video album!
It is good for the album to have an animated video and not just a static image as usual, and this is what we actually saw in the Apple Music application, for adding this video, it is preferable to make it up to users to add the video that suits them to that album, or to be more advanced and make a base for videos that are already available for some photos albums.

This is why I referred to the Apple content. This is their proprietary way of showing Apple Music. And I can respect how they are making this improve their experience.

I am not taking anything away from your request for a feature.  But if it isn’t a feature that is supported by the existing standard that many, many other users are bound by, then I am cautious to have it added simply to Poweramp. If @maxmp has a solution that can exist only within the architecture of Poweramp and does not influence the audio files, that would be a possible option. But given that many users are already asking for ways to embed the current static album and artist images, and even the PA ratings, I can already see the messages that would follow about this too.

The only easy(ish) way to do it would be to support small video files within the Album Art selector and display code, instead of just regular static JPEG images. Embedding within audio files isn't in any of the standards, so manual separate file choice would be the only option.

Not sure whether it's worth all the effort personally (my screen is usually off when listening to music) but as I said before, that's Max's call.

Andre

@andrewilley

Hi Andre, Thanks for the reply.

As you said, this method is not really in the standards, but if it is worthy of appreciation by the developers, it will be a great addition, I hope @maxmp will share his opinion with us.

Even my screen is turned off while listening to music like you, but why were these (Visualizations which move in time with the music) that is already present and available in the application, I think it is like an album video (GIF), no one sees them, especially who closes the screen while listening to music.

Thank you very much for your time.

@MotleyG

Of course, I appreciate what Apple is doing to develop and elevate itself, and I also appreciate the great effort that the developers of the Poweramp application are doing.

I respect your words a lot and certainly appreciate it, you really confirm what I say, it's up to the developers.

From my point of view, this feature does not break any standard and does not spoil any new or even old standard, so let's wait for the developers to look at this topic.

Thank you so much for your time, I am glad to talk to you.