Volume Key Long Press doesn't work on Sony Xperia 10 III (Android 11)

code

Hello,

I have a new smartphone and PA is one of the first app I've installed on it, of course(!)

Everything seems to work OK apart from the Volume Key Long Press to change tracks: I've enabled the option via the PA WebADB but it doesn't work.

Long pressing the Vol keys just does nothing, both on screen off and on, I've also tried the "Emulate media option" as suggested with no results.

Stefano

• 3 weeks later...

@maxmp would need to test this on your particular device, but if the ADB command is not allowing pass-through of that long-keypress, that's probably more down to Android than Poweramp. You did run the ADB command on a different device, connected to your phone by USB cable didn't you? It can't be run on the device you are trying to modify.

If Android is handling it as expected, volume long-press should trigger a track change whenever PA is not the currently focussed app (such as when it is playing in the background, on the lockscreen, or with the screen off).

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

You did run the ADB command on a different device, connected to your phone by USB cable didn't you? It can't be run on the device you are trying to modify.

Hi Andre,

many thanks for your replay. Sorry, maybe I missed the point on what you wrote ...

Previously, I was using an HTC 10 and the Volume Key Long Press worked as expected.

Now I repeated the operation on my new Sony Xperia 10 III, PA reports that the permission was granted, but when I long press the volume keys I just get nothing.

Stefano

So you have done the ADB command on a different device - e.g. on a PC that is connected via USB to your phone. And now you see this in the PA Settings > Misc menu:

image.png

If so, then it's down to how your device handles this particular API. As I said, @maxmp will probably have one that he can test it on for you.

Andre

57 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

So you have done the ADB command on a different device - e.g. on a PC that is connected via USB to your phone

Yes, that's correct! Thanks.

I'll look forward for an alternative ADB command, hopefully 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 12:59 PM, code said:

I'll look forward for an alternative ADB command, hopefully 🙂

There isn't an alternative ADB command, there's just the one to do that job (if supported). It needs to be run on a DIFFERENT device though (such as a PC) which is connected to your phone by USB cable.

Andre

• 2 months later...