Visualization Folder

So to clarify, you have installed both PA and the PA-EQ on the SD Card used on your Android 9 device, and they are both using the original '_com' data folder structures on the SD Card. PA can read milkdrop preset files from the SD Card folder Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ but the Equalizer app won't read similar files placed in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.equalizer/milk_presets/ .

Although installing the apps properly on internal memory would probably fix the problem, I agree that it's odd that milkdrop files for one app work fine from SD Card, while the other does not seem to. @maxmp could you comment please?

Andre

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you previously only discussed and showed screenshots using SD Card folders.

So even on internal device memory, PA-EQ is still not reading any files that you place in the Android/data/_com.maxmpz.equalizer/milk_presets/ folder, whereas the same .milk files can be used by the main PA music player app if placed in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ (also on internal device memory).

@maxmp , any ideas?

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Rage Gaming said:

how about the peq

Same as far as I know. @maxmp could confirm that though. I assume the PA-EQ app uses the same logic as the main PA app as far as Android/data folder locations go. Certainly it would use internal memory rather than SD Card, the only question is whether Android 9 still uses the old underscore style folder naming or not.

Andre

• 4 months later...

I can confirm that milk presets are not loading on android 9 from internal storage.

They work fine on Android 10.

On my phone with Android 9 the Android data folder no longer uses _com.maxmpz.audioplayer as folder but com.maxmpz.audioplayer.

However even renaming or creating a folder with the _ does not seem to load any presets. Tested with .zip and .milk files.

On Android 10 the presets do load from /Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets.