Visualization Folder

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Android 11, file managers are not allowed to access the Android/data hierarchy on SD Cards, only on internal memory. Not sure how you even managed to get it there to be honest, the default is /Android/data/ on internal storage, it shouldn't be trying to access the SD Card.

image.png

Andre

The _com folder version was for first installations on Android versions prior to Android 10 only. For all Android 11+ installations, the _com folder method is no longer accessible so the files are now stored in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ (and for the EQ app, Android/data/com.maxmpz.equalizer/ ).

Those folders (and the app) should ideally be located on internal device memory, not on an SD Card. They may work from an SD Card for PA's own purposes, but on Android 11+ file explorer apps are not allowed to look inside SD Card Android/data/ hierarchy if you want to edit anything manually - another triumph of user-hostility from Google. 

Andre

If you installed PA or the EQ app onto a memory card (which it looks like you have done) then the data folders that it creates and uses for files will also be on the memory card - named 3638-3432 in your example images. Google has decided for us that content in these SD Card folders should not be accessed by regular file explorers in Android 11+ (which I assume is what you are using, you haven't responded about that as yet) so you can't easily add your own content there. File explorers can more easily access the Android/data/ structure on internal memory though, so you would be better having your app - and thus its data folders - stored in normal internal memory rather than on the SD Card. The cleanest way to do that would be to uninstall and reinstall normally (backup your settings and playlists first if you do this with the main PA app).

Andre

5 minutes ago, Rage Gaming said:

I've done what you said but Poweramp equalizer said that the 3rd party presets are located at _com.maxmpz.equalizer. 

Yes, on Android 9, they probably will be. As I said earlier, the _com folder variant was used for Poweramp until Android 11 (or sometimes 10+). You only just mentioned that you have Android 9 though, which actually should mean you can access the SD Card folders via a file explorer though (the block only occurred from Android 11).

Anyway, on Android 9 with a clean install on internal memory, PA should be using the data folder Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ . I assume the Equalizer uses the same _com methodology from what you have described (I have not tried it on Android 9; I have some older devices here with Android 4.3 and Android 7, but the EQ app won't not run on those for testing).

Andre

Your PA EQ installation still seems to be on SD Card, not on normal internal device storage where apps ideally should be. That '3638-3432' segment of the path is an Android SD Card identifier.

On Android 9 you should still be able to access that folder structure using any decent file explorer app though, so try copying your milkdrop preset files into the SD Card folder Android/data/_com.maxmpz.equalizer/milk_presets/.

But it would still be better to install apps in local storage rather than SD Cards.

Andre