Play count of tracks is not being updated

zicoian

I emailed from the app back in May about this bug but it doesn't appear to have been picked up properly.  Since then counts are not being incremented for any tracks played as an album or in a queue EXCEPT the final track in a queue.  I have set the Count As Played property to 100%.  Is this a MIUI problem?

The current version info is:

Version Info ======================
Build: Poweramp build-911-arm64-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-302
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T willow willow willow_eea [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (26.7.16-21 [0] [PR] 390726529)
Android: 10 xiaomi/willow_eea/willow:10/QKQ1.200114.002/V12.0.4.0.QCXEUXM:user/release-keys en_GB

I had the same problem for the following version as well:

Version Info ======================
Build: Poweramp build-905-arm64-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-302
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T willow willow willow_eea [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (25.3.17-21 [0] [PR] 372634721)
Android: 10 xiaomi/willow_eea/willow:10/QKQ1.200114.002/V12.0.3.0.QCXEUXM:user/release-keys en_GB

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but I tried what you suggested and it MOSTLY works...

I found reducing the threshold to 90% (or 80%) does make the play count increase by one EXCEPT for the last track on an album (if I'm only playing that album) or on a playlist.  Initially in both cases the play count is increased but the last play time is not.  When any other track is played after that by any means, the play count on the track without a last play time reverts to zero.  The exception is the last track in a queue (if the queue is started from scratch) and that is probably only because Poweramp then re-plays the last track played before the queue was started.

If the track threshold is set to 100%, I still get the same result as previously (only the last track has its play count incremented) but I hadn't noticed that the last play time is not amended so I'm guessing that the count will be reset to zero when another track is subsequently played.

As in the other bug I reported (lock screen notification info not being updated), my MIUI version is now V12.0.2.0.RCXEUXM Android 11 RKQ1.201004.002.

For what it's worth, I think there are two problems here now:

1) Setting the count threshold to 100% doesn't work as it should and maybe shouldn't be allowed to be selected.

2) The last track played before Poweramp stops playing does not have its last play time updated and the play count is reverted to its previous value once another track is selected for play (if count threshold is less than 100%).

The Play Counter only increments at the point when PA moves onto the next track, as long as the counter position is greater than your defined threshold (e.g. more than 50% of the total track duration).

The problem that you are encountering occurs on the final track of a category, but only if you allow it to STOP at the end. This sets the counter back to zero, so it doesn't meet the threshold requirement.

Set Repeat mode to Advance Category to get around this.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

I have got the play count to work now by setting the Repeat mode to Advance Category as you suggested.  However, the problem with all this is that the Play Count facility doesn't work "out of the box" as it were.  I should be allowed to set the count threshold to 100% if I wish and for the track to be counted and I shouldn't need to fiddle with the Repeat mode to get the final track to be counted.  Play counts work in all other players I have used without jumping through hoops - maybe a rethink is required for Poweramp and a bug report raised for this?

'Advance Category' is the default out-of-the-box mode, you don't need to set it specially.

But I agree it's an issue that the Play Count only gets incremented using the logic that the counter needs to be over the threshold level when the track changes. I think it might make more sense if the counter was incremented when the track ends (stops and does not advance) too.

Andre

• 1 year later...