A-Z bar not jumping to correct position in Albums view

glossy

• Build number: build-905-arm64-play [905004-96b6d050]
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U1
  • Android version: 9
  • I sent a log a minute ago.

In the albums view, when I try to use the A-Z bar to get to H-L, Poweramp scrolls to a spot partway through the Gs. The expected behavior is to scroll to the correct letter. For example, when I select H, it should scroll to the beginning of the albums by artists whose names start with H. I have many albums whose artists starts with H, I , J, K, and L, so the problem isn't that there aren't any albums to scroll to.

I've also had this problem around the U-W area. When it was occurring there, it did not occur in H-L.

20210623_135855 - Copy.jpg

What Library Category and List Option Sort Order are you using? I've tried in Albums mode, sorted by Artist, and it seems to work fine. The top of the screen (or occasionally the middle of the screen, not sure why?) is displayed to show the first line that contains the requested letter group. Or, if it's missing, where that letter would have occurred - e.g. I appear to have no 'L' artists, so the top line shows the last of the 'K's and the first song of 'M'.

Andre

Library Category: Albums

List Option Sort Order: By artist

The problem does not occur when sorting by name.

I tried playing with the View As settings, and the bug still occurs regardless of which I choose.

For a while I've been noticing that the Jump To Letter function on the right side of the albums list overview doesn't work for some letters anymore. And it has gotten worse. When moving down the alphabet on the right, it now only works fine from A to L, then stays on the same album until moving to letter U and then works again from U to Z. I have already reset and fully re-scanned the library, but to no avail.

If I switch to the folders list of the library I can jump to any letter without a problem, it's only happening on the albums list, and only if I sort the albums by artist, which happens to be the way I want to sort them.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Mine works Flawlessly, I hardly sort through albums, I use all songs category, but if you said it working on all songs category then, I'm thinking albums with those alphabet are not in the album library, then check the screen sensors, rotate your phone  screen and try, if same, then check the files, maybe they are not there. 

Edited by Bencherished

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried  changing screen orientation, but the issue persists in both landscape and portrait mode.

Also, there are definitely files in the skipped albums: I can navigate with the A-Z bar to the skipped folders in folders mode for example. The error only happens in albums view.

Re-scanning folders and also a full re-scan haven't helped either.

If it helps, I'm on Android 10, Xiaomi mi a2 lite, latest Poweramp version.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, still can't replicate this. Tested all letters in Albums Category, with List Options set to sort By Artist, as you mentioned.

The only slight irregularity was that tapping 'D' from the side-bar did show the D list as expected, but with the final entry of 'C' showing at the very top of the page rather than the first 'D'.

Andre

• 9 months later...

I've also been having this same issue for months now. It's very frustrating when you have 1000+ albums and you have to manually scroll through most of them 

If I want to go to an album of a band/artist that begins with any letter between L and U, it just takes me to the K artists. When I tap V it works as normal again.

1 hour ago, Graham R said:

t's very frustrating when you have 1000+ albums and you have to manually scroll through most of them

@Graham R after I read your comment, I took the time to go through my albums 0 to #, they all appeared correctly, mine (Albums) is over 4k.

Please what version of Poweramp are you using an OS? 

Bencherished 

2 hours ago, Graham R said:

I've also been having this same issue for months now. It's very frustrating when you have 1000+ albums and you have to manually scroll through most of them 

If I want to go to an album of a band/artist that begins with any letter between L and U, it just takes me to the K artists. When I tap V it works as normal again.

I changed the sort order for my Album list to "by Artist" and the alphabet bar works as expected scrolling through the Albums using the Artist names. Changing back to where I usually have it sorting "by Name" also works as expected simply using the Album title. Perhaps this is a device/Android version issue? I'm at Android 8.1 on iBasso DX160 DAP.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, Bencherished said:

@Graham R after I read your comment, I took the time to go through my albums 0 to #, they all appeared correctly, mine (Albums) is over 4k.

Please what version of Poweramp are you using an OS? 

Bencherished 

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I'm using build 939 full version. OS is Android 11.

• 8 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 2:55 AM, _.--._ said:

For a while I've been noticing that the Jump To Letter function on the right side of the albums list overview doesn't work for some letters anymore. And it has gotten worse. When moving down the alphabet on the right, it now only works fine from A to L, then stays on the same album until moving to letter U and then works again from U to Z. I have already reset and fully re-scanned the library, but to no avail.

If I switch to the folders list of the library I can jump to any letter without a problem, it's only happening on the albums list, and only if I sort the albums by artist, which happens to be the way I want to sort them.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

I'm seeing the exact same behavior. I'm on a Pixel 6 (Android 13), Poweramp Full Version bild-956-bundle-play [956005-33f0b133]. I also tried a full re-scan of the library to no avail. Attached is a screencap of the bug in action.