Jump to content

Poweramp is unable to display embedded album art


Flinch
 Share

Recommended Posts

Help Dev of Poweramp,

 

As I have began to use PA for more daily listening shifting from Neutron, I found that it cannot display some of the album art I embedded myself from ripped CDs. It is something in the 1300x1300s and is shown properly on other apsp. Like Neutron and Mango Music Player. But Poweramp says there is no embedded image and won’t show it in folder hierarchy nor in the track. What could be the problem? The art is definitely there as it is also shown on the desktop when I embedded it and checked to make sure it shows in both VLC and MPV. Thanks!

 

Info regarding device:

iBasso DX220MAX

build-893-arm64-play

Full 64bit

Android 8.1.0

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this is only affecting certain files, try a Full Rescan (in PA Settings > Library). 1300x1300 images should be fine though, they are unlikely to exceed memory limits - 24Mb normally, or 8Mb on smaller RAM devices, which is way more than any cover art in a music file should use. If none of that works, and the embedded image data is below 8Mb, please could you upload a temporary sample file for testing (Dropbox or Google Drive)?

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If this is only affecting certain files, try a Full Rescan (in PA Settings > Library). 1300x1300 images should be fine though, they are unlikely to exceed memory limits - 24Mb normally, or 8Mb on smaller RAM devices, which is way more than any cover art in a music file should use. If none of that works, and the embedded image data is below 8Mb, please could you upload a temporary sample file for testing (Dropbox or Google Drive)?

Andre

Here are two of the files in many of the albums.

(File was shared and inspected already)

I will remove the link after getting a confirmation that you have downloaded it.

And yes I have done full re-scans but to no avail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Flinch said:

Here are two of the files in many of the albums.

Of the two files:

01. Aaron Rosand _ Hugh Sung - Sonata No. 1 in A (Op. 1 No. 3) Andante.flac - file contains a 2769x2770 image, in PNG format at a huge 16Mb. This can probably be cached on devices with enough RAM to allocate 256Mb+ memory blocks to apps, but vastly exceeds the 8Mb image limit for lower end (from the Android point of view) devices. Reduce the pixel size, or just JPEG the image, to bring it down to more manageable proportions.

10. Yu-Chien Tseng - Carmen Fantasy I, Op. 25.flac - file contains no embedded image at all as far as I can see.

See also:

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the diagnosing. The image files were all over 8Mb since they are in PNG format, I didn't really know about the workings of image format until this. I changed them all to jpeg and then embedded it again with puddletag. It is now displaying correctly. Appreciation of help form me to @andrewilley👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...