Default Music App

I thought Max mentioned that Android 11 is meant to remember the last-used music player?  In this case though, that might be a function of the watch rather than the phone. Simply setting a new default app for opening music files probably won't change that functionality, but you could give it a try.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I thought Max mentioned that Android 11 is meant to remember the last-used music player?  In this case though, that might be a function of the watch rather than the phone. Simply setting a new default app for opening music files probably won't change that functionality, but you could give it a try.

Andre

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately it is not what you say it is. With the smartwatch it was just one example, it is also the same with other media control apps.
In the Android settings, I can only select Spotify or Amazon music, but not Poweramp.

13 hours ago, ClubMenthol said:

Now when I start the music player on my smartwatch

I have no idea what's it's like in wear os but, in phone's Google assistant settings, there is an option to set a music provider. You can find it in Assistant Settings > Music. 

There is also an option to set default apps in system settings.

IMG_20210401_000837.jpg

44 minutes ago, John Titor said:

I have no idea what's it's like in wear os but, in phone's Google assistant settings, there is an option to set a music provider. You can find it in Assistant Settings > Music. 

There is also an option to set default apps in system settings.

IMG_20210401_000837.jpg

That's right, in the Android settings Poweramp is set as the default for music for me.
But there must also be a setting for Standard Audio App and Poweramp cannot be selected there.

Screenshot_20210331-213137.jpg

Screenshot_20210331-213249.jpg

Archived