Playlist Issue

kato

I've been having one of my playlist disappearing (empty) after a rescan. It's always only the 1st playlist only of 7 as the rest has no issues. Now I always keep several backups of the playlist on my pc and another on a eternal hard drive and I just paste it back to the playlist folder. But the worst case scenario just happened, all copies of the playlist just came up empty as notepad on windows just suddenly deleted it. Last saving grace is that I had a older copy of the playlist on a older phone. Still this is becoming a nightmare. 

So are you saying the actual .M3U file is getting wiped? Do the files and folders referenced in that playlist actually exist in your Library database? Only the filename and its first-level containing folder are checked, the rest of the path can be ignored. You can load the file into a text editor to check, it should be plain text.

Andre 

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The actual .M3U file is still there but the playlist in it is gone. So when you go to the folder, the file contains 0 bytes and when you open it in notepad it's blank. Yes all the files and folders referenced in the playlist exist. I just spent 2 hours manually creating the playlist again. 

There was a bug some time ago where editing a playlist could cause a wiped (zero-byte-file) issue, but that one was resolved at the time. What version of PA, and what device, are you using? Something is seriously wrong if all of your copies, in multiple locations and on your PC, have been wiped though. 

Andre

I think the file was overwritten on all the files cause it was the same name. Although it never was a issue before, I have since renamed my backup files to a different name. Still I can't figure out why the one playlist is always being wiped though. I am using the latest version from the playstore build 893.

1 hour ago, kato said:

I think the file was overwritten on all the files cause it was the same name. Although it never was a issue before, I have since renamed my backup files to a different name. Still I can't figure out why the one playlist is always being wiped though. I am using the latest version from the playstore build 893.

How is this wiping the PC backups of your playlists?

Archived